Problem with the Lx, Advice please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the Lx, Advice please??

When the car is warm, it will idle down and almost stall when coming to a stop, or even when just revving and letting off the gas it will do the same thing.
    There's this black plastic looking module on the rear underside of the throttle body that I unplugged, and the idle came up. Is it some kind of idle stabilizer ?????? And do the experts amongst us think this could be the problem??
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Idle air control Solenoid, or module, or valve or whatever.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

You may have unplugged the TPS (throttle position sensor) but double check your spark plug gaps, plug wires and cap/rotor.

Also carefully inspect all vacuum lines and air intake hoses for any cracks or leaks.

Comment

yeah, the same thing happens to me, but my engine doesn't almost completely die, but drops down a bit.

the werid thing is that the same thing happened when i unplugged the TPS. and i drove around with it disconnected and didn't know or notice a difference. are our cars suppose to run with a signal voltage from the TPS? does it recieve other signals from engine vacuum or something to determine trottle?
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
        X