What t3 turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What t3 turbo?

Ok there is like 200 different t3 turbos that ive found. Is there a specific one that would fit our cars with either a custom manifold, or a custom flange for the gtx turbo manifold?? I found one off a tunderbird, saab, and ford merkur. Would any of these fit or provide enough power to take my car into the 13s?
    Eat ****.

or u could buy a vj-20 turbo and manifold and bolt it on to push 13's

Comment

Yea thats what I was planning on doing. But I was just checking my other options. How much hp is the vj-20 good for? And if it ever ran outta steam, isnt the vj-23 a better turbo and wont it botl up to the same manifold?? Slap me if im wrong.
      Eat ****.

Comment

:Slap: no it wont bolt up to the same manifold and yes it is a better turbo, i think the vj-20 will push 200-230hp and the vj-23 will prob push 350+ not sure what the most was but i seem to think 399?

Comment

Garret T3 .63/.60 will give big power...... .42/.48 will spool quicker. Both are easy to find and pack a punch.
          -Braden
          '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Originally posted by turboge
            Garret T3 .63/.60 will give big power...... .42/.48 will spool quicker. Both are easy to find and pack a punch.
            What cars did those come in?

Comment

This is what I want a T3 turbo that spools quickly.
              Once I get done installing the vj20 and getting used to tunning and all the little naging aspects of it. I will then graduate to something bigger.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Have you considered a Garrett GT25R? It can make over 400 HP and still spools up relatively quickly. It uses a standard t25 flange which is same as the Mazdaspeed.
                Dan
                Godspeed Inc.
                248-305-8140

Comment

the thing with not going a hybrid turbo is finding someone that would make an exhaust housing if it did not come with one, and also a custom mani. if i were you, i'd personally go with a ihi t3/4 from corksport for $1200, brand new and guarenteed to make 400hp. thats gonna be my summer project.
                  James G.
                  sobe83@yahoo.com
                  AIM: DVS 323BPT
                  MySpace
                  Cardomain
                  <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Working...
                  X