Another First Gen Takes a Hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another First Gen Takes a Hit

well, it figures it had to happen at some point, my car was rear-ended tonight about 6:30pm. the guy was driving a 91 toyota camry le and didn't see me stop or hear my tires squeel as i swerved to avoid hitting a racoon. needless to say, i hit the ****er despite coming to a screeching halt. the camry hit me at about 20 to 30 mph, and was hard enough to **** the bumper out of its gourd. the damn thing was bent in far enough on the passenger side to gouge the tire. i'm not at fault from what the police report said, and the bumper was slammed into the tire enough to make the car undriveable despite all the tugging i did on the bumper. car was towed and i'm probably out of a car for a week or two. if the bumper support underneath the car is damaged, i don't know what i'm in for. anyway
    peace
    p.s. will have pictures of this "Joke" accident tomorrow night hopefully

Damn dude, sorry to hear that! Hope everything works out.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

that sucks ,dog. if what u say is true then ur insurance co will total loss it.
      FROM A B12 TO A BF...

Comment

****ty to hear that, if you need a new bumper i got one for ya, its black tho
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

eh, total loss means blue book value.. which equals down payment on a NEWER car . no offense, i would love if that were to happen, but most likely, it's just some structural crap and the bumper that needs replacement, shouldn't be too much for repairs. the bitch of it is that even going that fast, the only external/noticeable damage was the bumper.. the tail lights, trunk, and center garnish were left untouched. i really don't know what it's worth to the insurance company who's hopefully paying for it. a new bumper runs up to 200 bucks aftermarket, probably 250 to 300 for paint, then labor.. and this is almost half the value of the car (approximate value being $2200 bucks around here). i don't know, it's a play by ear situation, and what sucks is, i don't know if i can get sound system out of the car with the wiring if they impound the car for insurance.
          peace

Comment

****ty deal! Hope **** works out!
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

good luck man. i hope u can get it worked out man

Comment

if they impound it for insurance, you can always buy the car back as a write off at a discount price. might be worth to you to sell it off in part or salvage whatever you can.
                Current Cars
                94 DX, 97 Corolla
                Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I know what you're going through... It's happenned to me twice, but the Pro is still going strong!! Although my damage was not structural, I've just gone through a few bumpers... Even this one took a nasty hit.

So hang in there, I'm sure it'll all work out!
                  Bob

www.midnitemekanix.com

Comment

Dude that's ****ty luck, sorry to hear that. Good to hear that you are ok. **** the raccoon!
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

sorry to hear about that man, hope yer ok. I know what your saying about total loss's, ive had my minor accidents that just caused me to spend more money, i wish this stupid tree would just fall over on the car so i can get a new one

Comment

dude that sux, sorry to hear bout it, hope it all works out.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

PHOTO'S

Eh, laugh all you want, this is the damage done to both cars
                          Attached Files

Comment

and
                            Attached Files

Comment

and the damage done to his car

bearing in mind, while this looks as if it's by no means totalled, he reported his speedometer being at 25 to 30 mph at the point of impact. this was bad enough with the tip of the bumper digging into the tire, it was undriveable. doesn't look that bad to me personally. and trust me ladies and gents, your seatbelts DO help. wish me luck
                              peace
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X