July 2006 ROTM - Shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2006 ROTM - Shades

I know this is way over due, but I could never get any info from Idenity_X so I had to move onto the next person, and things just got delayed, but still, here is your July ROTM winner, Shades.

Shades, you have an engine build up that everybody can be jealous of. I want it........

I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on your win. GOOD JOB!!

Engine/Drivetrain:
    Mazda B6 Engine - Second engine
    Mazda F-series tranny - second one too
    K&N cone filter with custom heat sheild
    2.5" exhaust cat back with hiflow muffler

Suspension:
    Front strut bar
    MX-3 GS Lower rear tie bar
    Axis Maglite 17X7" rims
    Kuhmo MX 205/40/17 tires

Interior:
    Custom painted front dash

Audio:
    Panasonic MP3 head unit
    JBL 6.5" all around
    JBL 300W amp
    JBL 12" sub with ported box

Exterior:

Pink rear mudguards, gonna be painted soon
    Speedhole in the back bumper, backed into a rock

Brakes:
    Stock with painted drums

Future Plans:

Turbo ready BP
    Garrett GT28RS "Disco Potato" turbo
    Rear Disc Conversion
    Mazdaspeed adjustable struts
    H&R springs
    SRD bushings
    G-series tranny

Background:

Bought the car back in 2002... it was my first car, and still is. I paid $10,000 for it and don't regret any penny of it. I bought it at a used car lot after looking at a lot of beaten up V6's and a couple I4's. This was in the best shape when I was looking. It's just a base model with no power windows or sunroof.

When I was car shopping I was considering Toyota Celica's, GM Cavalier's, and Honda Civics... but no one wants any of those. Except for the Celica AWD's.

Not much has been done to my car... but soon to have my new engina in, and zoom zoom.

Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Congrats Jon, it's well deserved!

Comment

Congrats man...how long you got left on the motor build?

Comment

Congratulations man.

You have a nice car, and a lot invested into it.

Comment

Thanks guys! I had no internet for 2 weeks and didn't even know I was nominated... maybe a PM to know that I was for next time .

Yeah the build on the BP is going slow cause the money doesn't come in fast enough and I can't work any faster.

Hopefully I get nominated again once this beast is in the car and turbocharged!

Thanks again, and keep watching my build thread for updates!

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

i nominated you. i had to because of the engine build. keep us posted so i can drool some more.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks man... I got the crank ground this saturday and now I have to send it out for balancing. Plus I have to pick up my crank scraper from Blaine, WA. So much stuff still to do... and the ARP head studs are coming.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
              Member of MX-3.com
              1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
              1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Car looks good man keep up the good work!
                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

wow.!!! what a nice ride.. good job bro.. keep up the good work
                  sigpic

Comment

Very interesting Rims.

Comment

Working...
                    X