Not Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Good

My front inner wheelwheel covers got took out cause they were torn up.I got caught in some rain for like an hour and it was getting sucked in by the factory air intake!My filters soaked and the box is all wet.I think the breather for the valve cover could of sucked in water also!I'm not sure what I gotta do.I thought,new inner covers for the wheelwells so it never happens again,new airfilter,the throttle body needs cleaned,piping drained and aired out,and the oil changed.Anything else?This has never happened before I try not to drive in the rain.I parked my pro for the winter. It started but ran like ****,has this happened to anyone else?

Youll be ok. It has happened to me once or twice because i had holes in my wheel well cover. Just let everything dry and youll be ok. You just ran rich alittle while. You might need to add some oil too.
    sigpic

Comment

hmmmmmmm could be bad, could be allright, if you ingested water you might hydrolock your motor, which is basicly your pistons try and compress water, which they cant, and bend your rods, and maybe smoke your rod bearings, and on a really bad thought you might even blow a hole in your engine block, but i hope thats not the case, lol just change your oil dry out your filter, dry out your distributer cap wd 40 works well for that, and see where that brings you.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

u'd definately know if it did any damage
        ud have a bent rod or a blown head gasket or something that makes a big difference

if it jus ran like **** for a few minutes and went back to normal, u may have put some stress on ur crank bearings for a bit, but burned up the water..

if its running like before... now..
        u'll be fine

in the long long run you may notice some early wear on certain things... but most likely not

Comment

Working...
        X