Slowboy Turbo kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowboy Turbo kits

Any of you heard about Slow Boy turbo kits?? they make a kit for the 1.6L pro motor. Its like $1600. they seem to know their **** but i was wondering if its even worth turboing that motor? i was just thinking it would be cheaper to get a new 1.6L motor cuz it would be cheap and then get their kit. let me know what you think...

They can also do any custom turbo you want.
    UD ARMY...join the war....

i'd say its worth to turbo the 1.6, if you have the right setup the car can be very fast, never heard og slowboy do you have a website??
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

$1600 sounds awefully cheap. I would like to see a website also.

Comment

IMO no its not, better off buying a bpt or kl-ze motor

Comment

www.slowboyracing.com they are from around my area. and the kit is $1400. im not really trying to set any land speed records so i dont care is its the fastest setup. Im planned on buying a new motor for my 323 anyway cuz the current one is getting a little haggard. Slowboy is baised on selling quality **** and not breaking the bank. Two brothers started buying cars to part them out just to get money to tune thier cars so they are in the same boat as a lot of us. They seem to know their **** and have a lot of turbo kits.

I can get that 1.6L motor for $600 (which im going to do regarless)

so another $1400 for the kit, and like 250 for a FMIC and some money for the piping....i dunno doesnt seem too bad to me. plus i wont have to dick around with all the money and work involved with the bpt.

Comment

ok i thought it was for the 3rd gen 1.6 motors, i'd say for a basic turbo kit you cant go wrong as long as you get it tuned right, and have the right setup, dont cut corners.

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

why not just get a GTX engine 1000 or GTR from clip for about 1800 ...
              You would have a crazy motor and the **** would be super fast.
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i think turboing a 1600 is a hugely valid option from a traction point of view with a fwd car.

in nz, b6t's are a dime a dozen - they came in the early gtx (bfmr/bfmp) and the ford laser so we have a million of the things - they are way more popular than their bpt engined brothers even tho they make much less hp they are incredibly fun.

sure the 1800 would ultimately be hell fast, but don't forget how often you have to pull into traffic from stopped on a rainy day = disaster with bpt torque through 2 wheels.......
                Last edited by Stefan; 11-14-2003, 05:09 PM.

Comment

i mean i guess either way your gonna have tons of fun with whatever setup, it all depends if you want big hp from the bpt or small hp from the b6t

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                    i mean i guess either way your gonna have tons of fun with whatever setup, it all depends if you want big hp from the bpt or small hp from the b6t
                    the b6t still whips some ass on the street though ;D even for the small 130 number it throws out. just needs a freeer flowing exhaust, and a better intake. give it a couple more lbs of boost, and it'll handle itself on the street.
                    -mike lucero
                    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                    2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

The thing is, im not trying to set a landspeed record. Im not building the fast 323 ever. I just need a new motor and figured i could just turbo it for cheaper than doing all the GTX work. Plus, theres not too many turbo 1.6L people around, so its something new. We'll see what the future holds.

Comment

Well i would turbo it, 1400 is a good price. Do u know what the power will be after ?

Comment

1989 MX6 turbo

just posting to see if any body knows, my freind at the moment is ripping out the turbo + part out of a 1989 MX^ turbo

2.2l
                          can i bolt this up to my 1.6L 323

Yes/know mabe so.
                          hit me back
                          Koroma
                          91 323BG-----------------------
                          Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
                          ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
                          J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

1989 MX6 turbo

just posting to see if any body knows, my freind at the moment is ripping out the turbo + part out of a 1989 MX^ turbo

2.2l
                            can i bolt this up to my 1.6L 323

Yes/know mabe so.
                            hit me back
                            Koroma
                            91 323BG-----------------------
                            Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
                            ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
                            J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

The 2.2L manifold won't fit the 1.6L block, it will be too long. If you ever want to check these things quickly, go to pepboys, autozone, etc. and ask for an exhaust manifold gasket for both. Line them up and if they match, you're good to go.
                              Shaun
                              01 MP3
                              98 civic (stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X