Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring 2 amps, a crossover, & an eq

hi people

i have a ppi a404, a RF 250a2, an Audiocontrol EQX (eq), and an Audiocontrol 4XS (crossover). i have not installed the EQ or the Xover yet. aside from the amps needing remote wire, the EQ and the Xover need them too. i was wondering how to do this.

should i use a small distribution block? t-tap the remote wire several times? daisychain them? i've done a search on this, and believe MisterT quoted from crutchfiled that it's not adviseable to connect 4 or more components without a relay. if that's the case, anyone have any input to what kind of relay i should get?

thanks people!

you should be able to find a basic 12 volt relay at auto parts stores, or radio shack will have them i've run 2 amps and a x-over off one line just fine, but that was straight off the fuse box, not a HU amp turn on. but it's advised to use a relay. then the remote turn on from the HU only has to trip a relay.
    $6 at radio shack

Comment

If you have the EQX, why do you need the 4XS? Wouldn't the EQX handle all of your crossover needs?

And like Blue said, just use a relay.

Comment

thanks for your responses. time to check out radio-shaq.

as for why i have both an EQX and a 4XS, i got both for cheap. so i said what the heck. that's what e-bay is for.

Comment

Working...
        X