Brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with my problem. ok my idiot light on my dash for the brakes (the one that truns on when ya pull the ebrake) is on i took the console off around the ebrake handle and fiddled with the switch and the light doesnt turn on when its all the way down, but when i run the car the light turns on? any ideas what would cause this. oh and sometimes when im drivin to work (at ****ing 0330) it turns off. i would like to find out how to get it to turn off w/o removing the bulb and find out if it is something serious
    Originally posted by 95pro
    gecko?

don't you mean GEICO?

That light not only tells you your handbrake is on, but is also an indicator for when your brake disc pads are getting thin or your brake fluid level is getting low.
    Andrew
    1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
    My Familia

Comment

Originally posted by 96Familia
      That light not only tells you your handbrake is on, but is also an indicator for when your brake disc pads are getting thin or your brake fluid level is getting low.
      thank you i was wondering if anyone was gonna reply. this info helps alot
      Originally posted by 95pro
      gecko?

don't you mean GEICO?

Comment

my brake light got stuck on for a while too. I just ignored it until one day i had to change a fuse for my neons under the center console i noticed that the fuse had been crushed by me pushing the e-brake down. So the fuse in my case was holding the brake up a lil. Oh the reason for the fuse floating around in there is my neon switch is next to the e-brake
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
        X