Drum to Disc conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drum to Disc conversion

Howdy All, This is my first post here... found this nice resource while looking for information on doing a disc conversion on my 93 MX-3. I figured I could do the conversion while I was doing a strut replacement and general maintainance... my baby has about 200k miles on her... in need of some tlc. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by Anghus
    Howdy All, This is my first post here... found this nice resource while looking for information on doing a disc conversion on my 93 MX-3. I figured I could do the conversion while I was doing a strut replacement and general maintainance... my baby has about 200k miles on her... in need of some tlc. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
    Welcome to Club Protege!

This conversion has been done many times, so a simple search should yield all necessary information.

If you have any further questions, ask away.

Comment

Also try MX-3.com in the forum section and use the search for the conversion.

You'll need the hubs, calipers, and e-brake cable... as the main pieces. Go to a junkyard and find a V6 MX-3 GS.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

or u can take the one in my garage
        BLAZE RED 93 GS
        2004 G35 Coupe w/Brembo package
        MY 93 MR2 TURBO

Comment

thanks for the info, and no Steeb... sourthern cal is a bit far off the ranch to get the extra frame... I'll have to settle for a salty northern car hehe

Havven't been able to find a GS frame junked locally... guess i'll have to move the search farther afield...

Comment

Just to let you know, I did the conversion and I was going to just get the calipers, splindals, etc... but I found it easier to just drop the whole rear subframe. There is only 4 bolts holding in the whole subframe and then you take off your strut bolts and brake lines (including your e-brake lines).

I swapped mine out in about 1 hour.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
            cell 506-381-3503
            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Working...
            X