Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk question

I have seen some 1st gen pros trunks either shaved or converted
    flat where the license plate goes I just want to know how they did it.
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

get the J-Spec/E-Spec reflector piece that fills in that area

or

A little bondo, a little sanding and a little painting

Comment

IIRC, Bizob is the only current member to have this process done, and either i am assuming because of his bodykit groupbuy trunk lids were fiberglass... that his would have been fiberglassed as well, or like daryl said, the bondo king went to town on that puppy. ask bizob, but my personal recommendation would not to bondo such a large ass piece of material as the picture of that crap hardening and cracking apart is stuck in my head. a bondo'ed area of such thinkness would take forever to harden. good luck
      peace

Comment

if you were to bondo, in which i would not recommend you would have to layer it on which would take forever.

the way to do it is to remove you center licence plate thingy and take it to a local tin/sheet metal shop and get then to cut and fit a peice of sheet metal for the trunk where the garnish was then weld that puppy in, grind the welds flat then bondo it with fine haired bodyfill, then sand till smooth

i would imaging it would cost you in the area of 200-300 bucks for all labour and part included, plus or minus if you choose to do it yourself or not
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
        X