High Idling DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Idling DOHC

Just got my DOHC in and i find that it is idleing really high (between 1500 and 2000 rpm)

anyone know why this might be?
    -=Jesse Goertzen=-

92 Protege SE | 1.8 DOHC SWAP w/SOHC Tranny | White

Alpine, Kicker, Boston, Infinity, Panisonic, Lightning Audio | Tokico, Eibach, Vibrant | Ractive

"I make your car go 'Kiki Boom Boom' fast, OK?!?"

Re: High Idling DOHC

Originally posted by jgoertzen
    Just got my DOHC in and i find that it is idleing really high (between 1500 and 2000 rpm)

anyone know why this might be?
    Have you checked for vacuum leaks??
    Is the throttle cable adjusted properly??
    THere is something on the throttle body on mine that I guess you could consider an Idle adjustment of some sort.
    YOu got a check engine light??
    Can you blip the throttle a little bit and the idle goes down or does it always stay high??
    You need to update your signature??
    Is the Idle Air controller functioning properly??
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

And you let it warm up, right? If so, figure out which temperature sensor controls the idle, too. That might be bad.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

itll stay at around 1750 if its cold. but check ur idle control valve as well

Comment

well we need more info than it is just idleing high. when i start my car i idle at about 2K.

can you give us a little more info?
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Well...no check engine light..all the vacuum hoses are new....the lowest the rpm would go is 1500....even after a trip i took for 1.5 hours...

where is the idle control valve?
            and how can i adjust the idle rpm?

today it was sitting at 2500 until it warmed up then dropped down to 1600 at the lowest...
            -=Jesse Goertzen=-

Alpine, Kicker, Boston, Infinity, Panisonic, Lightning Audio | Tokico, Eibach, Vibrant | Ractive

Comment

what does it mean when you blip your throttle and it goes down? Mine does that sometimes, and sometimes it bounces from 500-1000 then i blip it and it stays at 800????
              Eat ****.

Comment

could be timing too, I think. Mine is acting up and that's the only thing I've toyed with other than that afc. Jesse says my s-afc and my venom 400 hundred are doing **** for me, but they aren't why my idle is messed either.
                I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

well if you just dropped it in and didnt adjust the idle it could have been stuck at the highest setting. its the screw covered by a black rubber peice on your intake mani, to the left of the TB.
                  James G.
                  sobe83@yahoo.com
                  AIM: DVS 323BPT
                  MySpace
                  Cardomain
                  <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Do you have an air/fuel gauge? or do you smell gas when you stop the car?
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                      what does it mean when you blip your throttle and it goes down? Mine does that sometimes, and sometimes it bounces from 500-1000 then i blip it and it stays at 800????
                      For my second gen I was told that it was my idle air conrol, or Idle solenoid or whatever the **** its called I don't remember.
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

hmmmmm...ill check the idle setting in a few miunutes and see what it's set at
                        -=Jesse Goertzen=-

Comment

Working...
                        X