infinity vs. polk.momo components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infinity vs. polk.momo components

well i did a side by side test at work today with the infinity reference 6.5 componens and the polk/momo components. Some you you might say its not a far comparision, but i don't care, thats the only stuff my plave carries. neways, the infinitys sound like i'm acustom to, good highs, good midbass, but needs a sub. sounded like a good home system that doesn't have a seperate sub on it. then i turned on the momo and about crapped my pants. OMG, i couldn't believe how sweet they sounded. not over powering highs, tons of mids and alot of bass, people came in where i was testing and asked what sub i had on i was giving both sets 60 watts. i can get the polk /momo for 146 bucks so thats what i'm going with, and would recommend to anyone who has a 300 bucks to spend on some speakers to buy the polk/momo series. i just wish the sub was as impressive as the components
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

from what i've been told (as i have no access to test anything, myself).. Infinity speakers are only the best when it comes to classical... but when it comes to bassier and faster music, it's not good at all.
    I was advised to go out and find some nice Clarions... but i've only heard good things about Polk/Momo in mags 'n from forums.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

infinitys have to have a good size sealed enclosure to sound good, hard to do in a car
      '02 classic red p5

Comment

walight my friend has to 2 12" momo's (the old ones that were like 275 a piece) and I guarantee that they sound just like those components... they are beautiful but the new momo's sound like xplodes to me

Comment

I have use Polks in previous cars and love the way they sounded. What price can you get on some 5.25 components?

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
            I have use Polks in previous cars and love the way they sounded. What price can you get on some 5.25 components?

i wouldn't try to get a discount out of him, since he's limited on how much products he can buy at a discount it really sucks, but the place he works at was having problems with employees buying and reselling a lot of equipment. hell, when i worked at BB, i bought 2 home theater systems, 5 head units, 8 sets of speakers, and i tried every sub they carried as for the subs, thank god for service plans

Comment

i can roughly 1/2 off on audio stuff, but i have a 500 bucks cap in disocunts my first year so i have to choose what i get i can get whats called a pg whcih is a instore warranty for4 years for like 10 bucks on every product and those don't count against my discount cap. oh the momo subs we carry and the cheap ones with a 350 rms, the more expensive ones that have a 500 watt rms might sound pretty good though.
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

ACtually Crutchfield has about the best price I have found on them for $119 and since I woudl be getting 2 I woudl get free shipping. not bad.

Comment

we sell them for 99 bucks at my store. i might get them anyways to to say i have a polk/momo system. anyone who knows what their talking about will just laugh at me, but o'well
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

Polk definately has some high quality components. Did you try the EX3 series? That is what I have and I absolutely love them.

Comment

the only ones we carry are the db series and the momo series
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

this is what i would like to do with the components, build a fiberglass enclousure in the door, but not have to completly do the entire door.
                        Last edited by walight01; 11-14-2003, 11:59 PM.
                        '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                          from what i've been told (as i have no access to test anything, myself).. Infinity speakers are only the best when it comes to classical... but when it comes to bassier and faster music, it's not good at all.
                          Whoever told you that is an absolute moron.

Walight - that's almost EXACTLY what I wanted to do with my doors, too. I wanted to try for a 3-way comp set! Unfortunately, I've yet to find the time to get on it.

Maybe one of these days........

~HH

Comment

damn that interior is bad ass... they know good ****.... alpine dvd changer, indash dvd player and amps.... and if I didn't have alpine polk/momo would be my next choice. who's car is that and are they on this board?

Comment

the pic is from polk's website

Comment

Working...
                              X