Installing front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing front speakers

I'm trying to install front speakers on a 2002 Protege. I read about all these headaches pushing it through, but I came up with another idea. I was thinking i could run it along the floor under the panels. Then it would branch up under a piece of rubber, and shoot to the left. An inch of cabling would be exposed. Then where the door connects to the car, there is a little rubber hose. I would feed it through at the bottom, and it would go into the door to the speaker. I already tried doing this with an old cable. When I closed the door it didn't smash the wire and I was still able to tug it through with a little force. Is this a bad idea or will it work?

do it properly,,,,, thats not the right way.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Just splice it in with the factory harness. It s easy and it has no effect on performance even though it is the smallest damn wire I have ever seen.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
      X