Touch up paint`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch up paint`

Is there a good online place to go to so I can get exact color touch up paint or do I have to go to a Mazda dealership? I have a 1996 Mazda Protege and it's sand color. Here is a pic below. Excuse me for my crappy wheels. I am going to buy rims for it.

You color is Sand Mica and the code for it is 4F. You can go to Napa and they can make you either a spray can, or a bottle or what ever amount you need.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
      You color is Sand Mica and the code for it is 4F. You can go to Napa and they can make you either a spray can, or a bottle or what ever amount you need.
      What's the code for Blue Mica?

Comment

I am not sure, but if you open your hood, on the firewall, it should say on the tag what the code is.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
          I am not sure, but if you open your hood, on the firewall, it should say on the tag what the code is.
          I guess there's one on the driver side door frame or whatever it called .
          I guess I'll have to get some paint for mine . My hood was painted 5 month ago and has 5 stone chips already I'm driving alot , almost 2000miles each month .
          98 protege LX for appearance
          89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Originally posted by russian
            I'm driving alot , almost 2000miles each month .
            Going back to Russia on a visit each month or what...? j/k
            Hey, I actually wanted yo ask you a question. I saw your WWW and am wondering what you used to tint your tail lights and the reflector?

Comment

Yep. I got my pro all sealed up, so I'll be comfortable driving on the bottom of the ocean
              That's "nite shades" spraypaint can by "VHT" made in USA . I got it at local performance store for about 10 US .

Comment

That's "nite shades" spraypaint can by "VHT" made in USA . I got it at local performance store for about 10 US .
                Can this be removed at a later time?

Comment

I didn't try to remove it, but if I will I'll let you know

Comment

I didn't try to remove it, but if I will I'll let you know
                    well, isn't this mentioned on the can?
                    St3althW4rrior, I'm sorry to have stolen your thread...

Comment

"If swallowed, call physician or poison control center IMMEDIATELY" That's all about removing this paint
                      If you're good at chemistry I can tell you what it contains.

Anyway, does anyone know anything on how to remove stone chips , or any way to prevent them.

Comment

I think a good way to remove them is with touch up paint. But that has to be followed with some real good waxing job and a clear coat. If you just use the touch-up, you will see the difference in paint, as your orginal paint fades with time. Thats why you need to get a nice buffer, and work real good to prevent the spot looks.

Comment

go to the dealer and get it.
                          It is cheap to. I got some for my car once.
                          Just don't leave the bottle in your car.
                          Keep it in your house, that way it won't freeze and be useless like mine did
                          Bruce
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Can we have some info on the tinted/painted reflector/tails? Did you take it apart and paint it form the inside or the out? Looks like it was done from the outside. I really like the tails but I'm not a fan of the reflector. I think those tails and a body color painted reflector would look really nice.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                              Can we have some info on the tinted/painted reflector/tails? Did you take it apart and paint it form the inside or the out? Looks like it was done from the outside. I really like the tails but I'm not a fan of the reflector. I think those tails and a body color painted reflector would look really nice.
                              Now I think I should take some pictures when I did it . Oh, well...
                              So , here's some tips :

1. I bought some stickers and cut 2 Mazda signs and 4 circles . Any stickers can be used , just find some cheap and big enough.
                              2. I took all taillights out . Two sides has only two screws and then just pull it out . Middle peace has about 10 of them , hardest part was to unscrew four nuts on the sides , which covered with plastic . I broke 2 of them Just be carefull . Make shure you undo all of them , there's some nut's and screw's on the middle .
                              It's too late now to go out and count them today
                              3. Place your stickers . Or you can do it before , doesn't really matter.
                              4. paint it . Just be carefull , if you don't have any skills in it , try on something else first . If you'll put just a bit more paint , you'll get waves and it won't look good . Apply one coat at the time and let it dry . Mine is 3 coats , but you can go darker if you want to .
                              5. I would recommend to use PLASTX to clear them before paint .

Actually I was thinking about painting my reflectors in body color , and I'm gonna do it pretty soon . Just thinking of design .

Comment

Working...
                              X