weird noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird noise

Alright, so the last few days i have had this "clicking" sound comign from the back left wheel area or brake or something else, its not constant theres a pause and will pick up speed when i go faster, so its something in the rotation..my rear pads are worn i knwo this because they squeal loudly when i come to a stop, but thats not it because the clickign does not go away when i touch the brakes. I was wondering if you guys could figure out what it might be..ITs a 2000 Protege DX with rear-drums..60,000miles on the car, not sure about the brakes...i bought it with 50,000miles and the front ones were new so i just assumed the rear were also new. Well any help would be great..oh also the clicking is defiently metal on metal..

Thanks for any help..im off at college so i cant jack it up and take the wheel/brake off an look so if i knew exactally or close to what it could be i could have a shop do it and save myself from paying them to look at it.

oh yeah and i checked the tire thoroughly for rocks or nails and nothing is there, thats what i thought it was at first..

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

hmm i also had a clicking sound on my rear driver side but it only ended up being a loose lug nut haha...had my tire done at les schwab and i guess they just forgot....other than that i dont know what to tell ya, hope u figure it out

Comment

dude if its a loose lug nut im going to be so happy, I'll check it out later this mornign when i wake up more...i just idnt think a lug nut would make a ticking sound

Comment

Could be the clip that holds the pad in. It has a piece that sticks out a bit and will tick when it barely touches the rotor. Check for faint scratches on the rotor or the inside face of the rotor. It is another sign to replace the pads.
        AEM intake, Ractive exhaust, Tsudo header, Ecoated blanks, and a bunch of stickers

Comment

hmm idk..today i went to fix a problem i had a while ago..well the bottom bumper brakets liek on the bottom of the bumper that are attached to metal under the car broke loose i took them off today..and it went away..i was thinkign that maybe my tire was clippign the fender well a little on the inside and vibrating back to the bracket which was a metal on metal contact so would explain it..idk the ticking jsut went away when i took those off..ill drive it tomorrow maybe it was coincidence we'll see..

Comment

Alright so this morning I went out and started it up..it was a grinding noise, very faint, then it went away after about 3/4mile and still hasn't come back this afternoon, I'll go back out and drive it after my 2pm-4pm class and let you know...maybe whatever it was just wore down from grinding and is faintly goign away, which might ahve been a clip...also this weekend I'm goign hoem to wash my car, so ill probably jack it up pull the drum off and take a looksee and let everyone knwo what it is/was..

Comment

alright, so the bumper thing wasnt the part causing it, it was coincedence that it stopped for a while when i took that off, heres what i did this weekend.

Well this weekend I went home from college and took off my rear driverside wheel, spun the drum and heard a a very noticable grinidng noise, upon closer inspection, the outter part of the drum(the part you see through the wheel) was all rusty on the inside part of that and rubbing on the smooth back metal plate thats kinda behind everything, the part that was rusted had started to crack away from the drum so it was sticking out further than the rest, I took the drum off, chipped off the metal, sanded it all down to make it smooth(for no real reason) and then put it back together and the clicking was gone, I'll post pics of the metal tomorrow, i didnt take any WIP pics, because i didnt have my camera with me. But its all fixed now

ALL FIXED AND QUIET!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X