What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if?

ok, i had a revelation tonight. my favorite color on any car is the "flash blue" on the 3g eclipses. its the really bright metallic blue... would my protege not look badass in flash blue???!!!!

the question is how i would go about doing this? im assuming i could buy the paint from my local mitsubishi dealer? if not there then online somewhere? i could have a paint shop spray it on, but how much would/should they charge me?
    Serenity's Dead.

well you can get your hands on any paint. Go ask your local mitsu dealer for the price of the paint per gallon. then _drive_ to a local body shop and _ask_ them how much it will cost to paint the whole car, and about how much paint will it take...
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

do you think it would look good
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

bro, any good body shop is going to be able to give you the exact paint job color matched to the best detail. i see no need why you would need to go to the dealership.. especially to buy the damn paint. if anything, it'd just cost you more... and trust me, automotive paint isn't cheap at all. some types of paint can run hundreds for a single ****in pint!! any metallic base dark blue or midnight blue in my opinion would look sweet on a protege, but keep in mind extended costs as you are looking to CHANGE the color of your existing paint job.
        peace
        edit: scratch that, cause in some cases, the dealership COULD be the supplier of your paint to begin with.

Comment

i got a quote to paint it black plus body work (i need ALOT) for $680, another place for the same job was 900+
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Those are pretty cheap prices. Ask around see if anyone you know has any experience with those shops. Good paint jobs are expensive, but so much nicer than the 'maaco' paint jobs.

Also, don't forget to ask if the shop will paint the door jambs, under the hood, etc.

Either way, good luck
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

my friend's dad is going to paint mine for free if i get the paint. i'm thinking of painting it that burnt orange. you see on mostly dodge's what do u all think ?
              Last edited by mazdainwv25; 11-18-2003, 03:30 AM.

Comment

orange with white wheels
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

That burnt orange might look pretty ok. Who was it on the old club who got it painted bright orange and had white wheels?? Weren't too many people who liked it (I was one of them)
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

jeremy, he also hated his car. He was upset because "some fagg charged $80.00" for clear corners.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                      jeremy, he also hated his car. He was upset because "some fagg charged $80.00" for clear corners.
                      Ouch, perhaps that's why he isn't around anymore?
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

ouch perhaps thats still cheap for 1g clears :p:

Comment

mine were free... hehe

im getting a new headliner today!! yay!. since i have the blue/tan interior scheme im going to get a black headliner and then paint the pillars black. im thinking now that since that blue is gonna be my paint job im going to get some gunmetal wheels and mabye get my interior done in black OR dye it black myself. has anyone dyed their interior? i imagine its rather difficult.

lol i can drive around playing "blue on black" by kenny wayne shepard!! itll be so lame its cool...
                          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

SOMEONE JUST QUOTED ME $6500 DOLLARS!!!!
                            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

well, theres a guideline, if YOU can't tell the difference.. why pay more? at 6500 bucks, the dude isn't jipping you most likely, what he's going to give you is a quality paint job. and for an entire car, if you're paying less than 1000, and you're still paying for labor & materials, your paint won't look very good after 5 years of acid rain and beading sunshine. plus, you'll find that alot of those places are notorious for overspray, not prepping properly, not priming if needed... and most guarenteed to show chipping on the front bumper within a year. my girlfriend's piece of **** 94 eclipse gs got a nice BRAND new paint job 2 years ago.. ran the dude $750 materials and labor.. bumper paint has chipped and fractured, door sills weren't painted, neither was the engine bay or underside of the hood, the door moldings were PEELED off to make it easier for prepping and have since fallen off in various incidents, there was overspray galore, and to top it off, no one had the common sense to replace worn/missing door and trunk gaskets. she got what the previous owner payed for less than 2 years ago.. an absolutely ****ty paint job good luck
                              peace

Comment

Working...
                              X