help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me!

okay it has been a long time since i have posted on here, i have not had interent nad i still dont lol, lastnight i tried to post on here using my phone , only to spend 20 min. typing all this to find out it wouldnt work haha, oh well, well the other night i was comming home from work it was like 2am so noone was out nad i was at a stoplight, when it turned green i took off like normall when igot to 4k i punched it till redline nad shifted to 2nd and when i shifted to 2nd it just reved.., same with the rest of hte gears, so i was left to push the car the last 2 miles to my house..... so i can push the car with it in gear, i can put it in gear let off the clutch and it wont stall, when this happend i didnt hear anything or smell anything i have no idea what it is, doesnt a clutch wear out? or wouldnt i atleast smell it burn or something?? i have no idea what is wrong but my car doesnt move an inch unless im pushing it hah, help me!

its the clutch, done it one to many time in the 323. it can just "go" without the smell or any other sign
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

after talking with clayton he seems to think Differential....idk hahaha

Comment

Chad, where the hell have you been?

Did you hear any loud crunching noises or feel any grinding?

Comment

check your axels chad. that happened to me when my half shaft sheared , you probably did something nasty to your axels. If it was the differentail youd more than likely of blown a hole through your tranny casing. other than that you could of demolished the clutch somehow but thats alot less likely
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

with broken axles i could let off the clutch with it in gear and it wont stall?

Comment

Well i started her up earlier and she idled low and there was a clicking noise comming from the driver side suspension area the idle then went back to normal but the clicking didnt stop

Comment

thats an axel you musta butsed the bearings out. turn the wheel & look @ it.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Easy way to check:

start the car, put it in gear. It doesn't go anywhere, so no big deal. block the wheels or put on the ebrake if you like. Up on ramps is easier to view.

Get underneath, and check the axles while that's happening. Since it's an open diff, the side with NO traction is the side that spins, so with a broken axle, you'll see part of an axle spinning, but not the wheel. Hopefully, it'll be the passenger side, as then there's no loss of tranny fluid or having to deal with a refill.

chances are pretty good that it's not the diff, since when the diff breaks, the spider gears fall down and block the shift control lever, meaning you can only move the gear into 1,3,5, or 2,4,R, or sometimes not even move it from where it's at.

The clutch might be gone, but I've never run across a burned-out clutch that didn't stink to high heaven when it was trying to grab but couldn't.

--sarge
                  Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 09-15-2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

as sarge said

Comment

: hahahahaha

Comment

Turns out i ran out of headlight fluid

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                          Turns out i ran out of headlight fluid
                          Change the filter, and replace it with synthetic headlight fluid.

Comment

that synthetic headlight fluid work?

any updates on the fix?

Comment

it was the axel i fixed it, and now the belt went so my car died and overheated and ****, idk it broke down again

Comment

Working...
                              X