Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240SX or Protege?

Protege or 240SX? anyone know?

after spending 6 months beating the crap out of my 93 protege, i deiceded to buy a 90 240SX. i fell in love with the 240 with its nice horsepower and rear wheel drive. after driving the 240SX all spring and summer im getting very tired. i started driveing my protege again and fell back in love. i miss the protege's lightweigth response and serious zoom-zoom! My 240SX is great for drifting an handleing, but the mazda just has a bit more... im besides myslef as to what to do. im thinking of selling the 240SX and pouring the cash into my protege and put in all the goodies. well, what do you guys think..... stick with the horsepower and drifiting, or back ot the kick ass zoom-zoom. i dont know what to do..... help
    2x 93 Protege DX's
    1 gray - my soon to be project car!
    1 teal - for sale (cheap!!)

240! but that's cuz i really want to start drifting. but i agree with you, i like how quick the protege is. i've driven friend's hondas and bmws and eclipses and subaru, and many others. but i just love how the protege feels.

don't know if i helped you out or not.........
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

well, with the pro, are you starting out with an auto or manual... what about the 240? also, the protege, lx or dx? honestly, the 240 sx curbs in 200 pounds heavier than the protege. however, with the 240sx, you're starting with a nice rwd platform, more horsepower, and probably a better aftermarket for parts. i wouldn't know, i'm taking a guess at this. yeah, alot can be done with the protege, but more could probably be done with the 240sx. eitherway, you're going to have a fun ride.
      peace
      p.s. the best possible scenario is drive the protege as your winter/beater car and mod up the 240sx come to think of it

Comment

Is it the 240 with the k-series engine in it? Mod for mod, I think you could make your 240 way more fun than a FWD ever could be. Save some serious dough and get an SR20DET

I love my protege and everything, but at the end of the day, it's still FWD. Put any serious power down without LSD and you're screwed.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Hehe I say just keep em both and split ya efforts Why not get hte lovin from both worlds.

I have 4 cars.. =]
          -torp.
          94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
          81 Celica Gt..

Comment

good points...

the protege is my winter car at the time, and yes, they are both standard, and the 240SX has a KA24DE, and nice engine. i DO want a SR20DET, but its gunna be like 3 grand or more, thats 3 grand i dont have. but i think im going to put the 240SX up for the winter and drive the ole' protege. and its a DX. the 240SX is nice though, but i would really like to fucus all my attention on one car, 2 is just too damn expensive. the 240 can drift very very well, last night in fact i went to a K-Mart parking lot and was drifting arond curbs and poles and ****, did a few doughnuts, and high tailed it outta there, it was fun, but god damn me, i miss the zoom-zoom
            2x 93 Protege DX's

Comment

zoom-zoom-zoom but thats just me

Comment

YEah the biggest problem with multiple projects is its usually too many and takes too much money. Really has put the emphasis on reserach and getting whatcha have to pay for and finding ways to do things cheaper.
                -torp.
                94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
                81 Celica Gt..

Comment

there are 2 big problems with the damn 240SX
                  1. winter time??? hell no, i cant drive that ****in thing in the rain nevermind the snow.....
                  2. its a cop magnet! i get pulled over seriously at least once every 2 weeks..... no matter what i do with my protege the po-po ignore me

and well there are three problems.... i lied.... the 240SX does have oddles of performace parts..... and well, i dont like that... the protege is a tough cookie to pimp out, i take more pride it making a normal car into something sweet.... the 240 is allready fast and powerful, whats the fun in that? i know, it is fun as hell..... im a project guy, the 240SX offers NO challenege as far as sporting it out goes..... the protege will be a bigger project, costing signifigantly less, with more to gain...... wow, that was deep
                  2x 93 Protege DX's

Comment

keep the pro dood, there soldiers. you wont regret it
                    ZOOM~ZOOM~

Comment

Working...
                    X