Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i post alot in here! this time it was a new SI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i post alot in here! this time it was a new SI!

so im going to another pizza hut (i work there) to get some green bellpeppers because we ran out. i pull to a light and as im slowing down what do i see there? its a new si hatchback!!! my friend says no, your gonna get ur ass kicked. i rev up anyway. before we can go a car is turning and in the intersection. the ass actually goes before im clear to go. of course hes a rich kid with a new car he cant handle. CCCCCCCHHHHHHIIIIRRRRPPPPPPP, he burns out, as opposed to my chirp which was next to nothing. so i caught even with him for his mistake. i believe it was carma for his dishonorable start. we go neck and neck and as we hit 2nd he does it again CCCHHHIIIRRRPPP!!!!! but im excited and **** up and do it as well. basically my front bumper is about a foot behind his the entire time. a suburban is in my lane so when im too close i shut down just as i top off 2nd.

so i didnt win. but the victory here is not being in front, it is that fact that he could get me off him no matter how he tried. my understanding is that im pushing a whopping 114 at the wheels right? and hes supposed to have 180? i cant see a civic weighing that much more then my car. needless to say my friend was impressed by the MIGHTY MAZDA!!! GRRR!!!
    Serenity's Dead.

THE NEW SI'S HAVE 160HP, AND THATS AT THE FLYWHEEL NOT AT THE WHEELS. If he wanted he could have toasted you easily.
    Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
      THE NEW SI'S HAVE 160HP, AND THATS AT THE FLYWHEEL NOT AT THE WHEELS. If he wanted he could have toasted you easily.
      Not really, they weigh more than the 1g proteges. Still should be quicker, but they aren't fast by any means. The '98-'01 Si's were quite quicker.

And I don't think you have 114 to the wheels. Darryl hit 114 to the wheels with his mods.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

in 3rd gear...

once he hit third gear, bye bye protege. the si's have better top end power.

i can keep up with the newer celica gt-s in first and second with my sentra gxe, but once third gear comes around, bye bye sentra.lol
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Yeah the new Si's arn't impressive at all. I would much rather have a '99-'00 Si.
          -Robert
          '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

the new ones look ugly IMO

Comment

like mini mini-vans. They are pretty ghey imho, im not a big fan of hondas tho.
              Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                160 at the flywheel is LESS than at the wheels. which is bad. And they weigh a lot. And what kinda protege do u drive? have u any mods? have u ever raced a 1st gen against a civic si? u win off the line, get an advantage, and even when they start to pull on u, ur far enough ahead that youve won. grassroots motor sports pulled a 16.6 with their si with intake and exhaust. they are teh suck

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                  160 at the flywheel is LESS than at the wheels. which is bad. And they weigh a lot. And what kinda protege do u drive? have u any mods? have u ever raced a 1st gen against a civic si? u win off the line, get an advantage, and even when they start to pull on u, ur far enough ahead that youve won.
                  Yea, he said they have 180, and I just said that he had 160hp at the the flywheel. I know that power is lost through the drivetrain. I wouldnt be suprised if the new si's were pushin somewhere like 145 at the wheels. I have a protege yes a 91. Yes I have mods, more now that what it says in my sig. Yes ive raced an SI, Ive probably drag raced alot more than many people on this website.
                  Most of the time a real drag race will last alot longer than what you just explained. Unless your the type of racer that goes through 2nd gear, hits his flashers and goes on his way. Thats not a race.
                  Eat ****.

Comment

yeesh, your very adimate about this arent you. as i said, we only got to the top of 2nd. he would have pulled away in 3rd im sure. the point being that he didnt even think my car was good enough to look at, and im sure he thought he was going to blow me away. and youll also note that he did a decent burnout in 1st AND 2nd gear, while i barely chirped. and my car is stock. so was his.

as for the cars themselves, theyre gay looking, and the stick shift in the dash, WTF?
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

i've only heard good things about the "dash mounted" stick shift. but other than that, i think the new si sucks @$$. honda went backwards while other companies have moved on to better things.

in regards the the newers generations of cars:
                      the new sentras have 175hp and way more torque. vw goes with the 1.8turbo. mazda has turbo'd the protege with go kart handling w/ the help of tokico/mazdaspeed. toyota's celica is way fast for an n/a motor, low 15's. even dodge has the sub 14 import ass-kicker. mitsubishi still has the crappy eclipse, but the evo destined to be great. and where is honda, they still have the 160hp engine with little torque, more weight, and chassis that needs some serious tuning to handle well.
                      just my opinions...
                      late

Originally posted by KiddX
                      yeesh, your very adimate about this arent you. as i said, we only got to the top of 2nd. he would have pulled away in 3rd im sure. the point being that he didnt even think my car was good enough to look at, and im sure he thought he was going to blow me away. and youll also note that he did a decent burnout in 1st AND 2nd gear, while i barely chirped. and my car is stock. so was his.

as for the cars themselves, theyre gay looking, and the stick shift in the dash, WTF?
                      Almost there

jdm tails... check
                      jdm bumper... check
                      ms lip... check
                      ms grill... check
                      ms sideskirts... check
                      ms rear skirts... check
                      ms spoiler... check
                      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

:cough: WRX :cough:

you know i drive a 2000 eclipse? yeh it does suck
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
                          i've only heard good things about the "dash mounted" stick shift. but other than that, i think the new si sucks @$$. honda went backwards while other companies have moved on to better things.

in regards the the newers generations of cars:
                          the new sentras have 175hp and way more torque. vw goes with the 1.8turbo. mazda has turbo'd the protege with go kart handling w/ the help of tokico/mazdaspeed. toyota's celica is way fast for an n/a motor, low 15's. even dodge has the sub 14 import ass-kicker. mitsubishi still has the crappy eclipse, but the evo destined to be great. and where is honda, they still have the 160hp engine with little torque, more weight, and chassis that needs some serious tuning to handle well.
                          just my opinions...
                          late
                          My friend has an '02 Celica GT-S, and it's the worst year for that car. They lowered the rev limit from something crazy like 8200 down to 7300. And since lift only picks up at like 6500, that's a very narrow powerband.

My roomate devoured his car (he has an AEM CAI and a TRD exhaust on his Celica) with his '98 Volvo S70 auto on the highway from 60-100.

But meh, you're right though, Honda is really lacking there days. Their cars are a lot more bland than they used to be. I miss the CRX
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

Hey, am I the only one who likes the look of the new Si? I don't really care much else for it, though.
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                              Hey, am I the only one who likes the look of the new Si? I don't really care much else for it, though.
                              Yes, you are. You are now an outcast because of it!
                              Dan
                              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                              X