98 pro suspension drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 pro suspension drop

I have a 98 pro on 17 inch rims with low pro tires and i want to drop the suspension some. What part would i need to buy to do this, while still being economical. Thanks very much.

the springs......

hey another pro from illinois....

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Your car looks great! Its nice to see othr people from your area. As far as the springs go, how do they effect the ride, as it is with the 17s the tires some times rub on the inside of the wheel well. And could you possible point me towards a website that i can order these from? Thank you very much

Comment

B+G has 1.7-1.8 drops and 2.25 drops. Ask Martin (Intruder) about his H&R(?) setup

New dampers are recommended, the height change may not be good for shocks already broken in to a ride height.

Comment

go ebay, just make sure you get the right one cuz you have a 98. a lot of seller would advertise their stuff as 98 - 2000. get the ones for 95 - 98.

no rubbing whatsoever. ride seems to be the same, if you ask me.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

cm motorsports on ebay sells them and they seem to be good quality springs since my friend has bought some for his car and they ride good..
            MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Originally posted by 95Protege
              cm motorsports on ebay sells them and they seem to be good quality springs since my friend has bought some for his car and they ride good..
              I installed some of those (along with KYB shocks) on my girlfriend's Protege. They're pretty good springs. The price is right, too.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Working...
                X