Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noise from rear wheels

HEy ull,

recently after changing my OEM steelies to alloy wheels, I hear a rumbling noise from the rear wheel anytime I backup. It does it for like a 1/4 rotation of the tire. I dont know which wheel, but thinking its on the passenger side.

anybody have a remotely similar problem or anything? Im running on 14 inch alloys.

thanks everyone

it might be a stuck caliper?

Comment

aiight thanks...let me get a checkup on that then...and hopefully that shud be the end of the noise

Comment

Does it keep doing it, or does it only do it when you start to back up? Was your e-brake set?
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

my e-brake was down... so i was moving fine, when i started to backup.... then the noise just came and then it was fine.....

like if i keep backing up, it doesnt happen, but just for the first rotation of the wheel, it happens... and that too, not always, abt 85 % of my backing time.

thanks for the help guys, Im kinda confused on this one, coz i even swapped the front and rear wheels, thinking it mite be the wheels, but no change, the noise is still there

thanks

Comment

Check if the metal piece around the rotor touches is while spinning. The metal 'shields' around the rotors are somewhat easy to bend and you might've accidently moved it. If it touches the rotor it'll make more of a screeching sound but it wouldn't hurt for you to take a look at it.
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

it seems to have stopped now... let me check when it starts back on

thanks guys for your help!!!

Comment

was the car stationary for a lenght of time? you might have a slightly warped rotor, that when corroded, it will scrap, making the sound.
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

well, its the usual, come in the nite, park it, and take it back out in the morning.... but its happened before. I thought it had stopped, but then a few days later, it started back again.

My rotors are new, unless they are not aligned properly or something, need to get those things checked

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X