noise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noise!!!

when i brake or go in reverse my front right area makes some crazy thump/clink noise!!! i dono wtfff it is its only when i break or go in reverse! i took the tire off and spun the rotor but no noise it seems this crapy noise only happens when im actualy moving the car. any one kno what it could be.

Things to check are the bushings on the end links of the stabilizer bar(anti-sway bar). The whole bolt could have broken from rust too.

The tie-rod can be worn out on that side.

The bushings where the control arm meets the body/frame or crossmember.

The CV joint is going bad but not in the usual wear type way where you hear clicking.

One that I just replaced yesterday is the strut mount. It's the very top covering of the strut and coil assembly. You can see them by opening the hood but can't remove them from there. This one is tough because I've had them with cracks and they were bad but I've had a few show cracks and never caused a problem. If it has cracks you should replace just that side but I would recommend taking this time to replace your old and worn struts on BOTH sides also. That's because you need to remove the whole strut and coil assembly to take that mount off and then you don't want the unevenness of one new and one old strut. In other words, it's time to replace old worn parts.

Comment

Working...
    X