buying a heat gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying a heat gun?

Is it worth buying a heat gun if all I plan on doing now is remove the yellow crap from my corners (homemade clear corners)

I'll probably end up trying to pick this up, since shipping will be free.

What else could I use this for? other than seriously injuring myself?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

If you've got an aluminum or carbon fiber hockey stick, you can use the heat gun to change your blades....that is IF you play hockey even. :D

Comment

it would dry fiberglass and stuff really fast... not really anything else that i can think of off the top of my head

Comment

Remove stickers/graphics from your car.

I was showing my friend my bike yesterday, and it has a gay sticker on it. He's going to school for autobody repair and he said the best way to get stickers and **** off would be with a heat gun.

Food for thought
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

heat shrink if you ever do any wiring... best way to get it on there nicely.

If you do use it be careful not to melt stuff around it with it. That puppy is industrial strenght and when you use them on wires (we have a few at work) there is a gueard you put over it to protect the other stuff while you heat shrink the wire you are working on.
          --JJB--
          '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
          Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
          16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
          15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
          Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Working...
          X