X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody got one of these?

Let me know what you guys think page 3

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/459795

Like it? Don't like it? Things to make it better? How much you would pay for it if it looked professional? Would it be worth buying if it looked professional?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

i had thought about doing something like that, with different words or designs with a few different colors, but decided not to. i just took my 3rd brake light out along with the rear deck

Comment

Yea...it's definately not the prettiest thing around though it's very functional. I'm gonna go back and spend some more time on it. It's not costing me a dime right now so I can play with it. That one only cost me a soldering iron and about an hour.
      So is your rear deck down to just the sheet metal? I know this was a thread somewhere but I never popped in a asked. You just took out the deck and the 3rd brake light? It's down to the sheet metal and the speakers?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

Personally I think it looks a little tacky... but its up to you...
        1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
        1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
        2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
        2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

That's one idea. Here's a picture of what I did to mine:

Adam
          1991 Protege GTR
          #1739 of 2500
          1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
          MODS:
          GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
          TO DO LIST:
          EDM/JDM rear bumper
          EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
          Repaint car

Comment

XxToKeSxX
            Which is why it's not done. I agree with you right now it's butt ugly. But I think with time it will look pretty nice.

BoostedPro
            What did you do? It looks the same as stock to me?

Comment

it says "mazda" in it
              Tag Team

Comment

I think, if you added more LEDs and put the rows closer together it would look cool.

3 rows, all real close together, maybe keep the angle shape on the sides that mimick the shape of the lens. Basically a light bar. They look too scattered right now. I'm guessing thats plexi glass your using, if you where to use smoked plexi or even slap a piece of window tint on it, it would clean it up alot too.

oh i just got a real cool idea....mount the LEDS deep in the lens, then use like fuel line size tubing and put a small 1" tube on each LED, kinda like the new G35s. smoke or tint the plexi face and mount that to the ends of the tubes. This will keep the LED light focused in a crisp circle and lot bleed off into the others.

just a few suggestions.

Comment

My bad BoostedPro...I was looking right past the mazda into the bulb. I was looking for something different. That looks nice.

I was thinking about going with some fiberglass for the finished product. It is plexiglass and I was thinking about painting it white from the back or chrome. I haven't had very much luck with "chrome" spray paints, they all turn out silver. But then I thought chrome would look too much like the ricer lights so i strayed from that idea.

Definately more LEDs for the next time around. I melted the plexiglass so I didn't want to spend anymore time making this one look nice. It wasn't intended to be the finished product anyways.

Hmmm....now to start playing...I've got a lovely idea. I just need to go to Home Depot and get started.

Thanks guys...negative and postive. More would be helpful to get a nice finished project.

Comment

yep, down to the metal no speakers either everything rattled waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much:p: the 3rd brake light rattled the most, vibrating against the back window.

Comment

Blue

Are you gonna keep the rear deck down to the metal? If so, do you wanna put a price on the metal part of the 3rd brake light? or do you have a clue how much one would cost from a junkyard/dealer? I'd like to cut the back out of it and play with it that way but I don't have enough balls to cut into the one I've got.

Comment

Working...
                      X