My pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pro

Let me know what you guys think. I know it's not much but this is what I've got so far. It's going slowly but atleast it's going.

Paul's Pro

If this needs to be moved into the photo sections will a mod please move it?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

I like the rims since I have 2 of em and gettin ready for the other 2... what size are those? rest of the car looks good too

Comment

Looks good so far. Needs to be dropped badly though. Walking on stilts with those 15s.

Comment

They're 15s. I'm really on a budget so things move reaaallly sloow. How much would a drop cost me? I haven't dropped a car before and I don't really know what all is needed/involved? I've seen my friends Sonoma dropped but I know trucks are different than cars. Thanks for the imput keep it rolling.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

Usually a good set of springs will do the trick. I know very little about springs for the 2nd gen, but I suggest you go with the lowest drop possible.

Comment

You can find a set of springs for your car at around $200. I paid that with shipping for my H&R springs that lowered 1.3" all around, and ate up most of the wheel gap. BTW, I got 15" rims also.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Do you still have the place you got them from? a URL or web address? Some people say you must get new shocks/struts when you go with a drop. This isn't true?

Comment

My next hopeful mods are:
                Window tint
                Drop
                SS kart boy/other
                shift boot
                shift knob
                something to do with the rear lights and that ugly reflector
                LEDs in the vents
                LEDs in the head lights
                a few other small things

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                  Do you still have the place you got them from? a URL or web address? Some people say you must get new shocks/struts when you go with a drop. This isn't true?
                  Its is recommended to replace the struts if they are old or worn out. I got both springs and sturts from www.tirerack.com . Spring were $180 plus shipping, and struts were $50 something each plus shipping. There are two different struts you can get. KYB GR-2s, like the one I bought. These are OEM replacement. And you can also get MAZDASPEED ones for $170 each! Yes, they are very expensive, but they are adjustible, and people who have them, swear by them. But if budget is tight for you, I would recommend the KYB struts.

Comment

I don't think my struts are worn out. My car has just over 50K miles. It's almost to 51K. How quick do they wear out? I think I could afford just the springs but adding another $200 right now might be impossible. I don't know the life of struts.

Comment

Well, the life of struts really depend on where and how you drive. I drive around New England, where the roads are not the best, and when I had my car in Boston, I blew one of my front struts, it was leaking oil like crazy. Also, I eventually will install a rear sway bar, and so I got the struts all around. The sway bar came stock on all models in 95, but from then on, only ES had them. And the ES models had different struts in the rear. The only difference was a welded tab so a sway can be installed. KYB struts come with such tabs, so I am just hoping of running across a rear sway bar.

Comment

What about coilovers? I think they are pricey but I don't know? Do they still use the struts? I really don't know anything about coilovers. Any info would be helpful.

Comment

Coilover come complete with everything, and you do not need the struts. Though the cheaper they are the worse off your ride is going to be. Ground Control coil-overs are the better choice from what I heard, and their price can vary, especially on eBAY. Otherwise, you can get for around $400.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                            You can find a set of springs for your car at around $200. I paid that with shipping for my H&R springs that lowered 1.3" all around, and ate up most of the wheel gap. BTW, I got 15" rims also.
                            OR, he could do what I did - put a huge subwoofer box in his trunk and get super nice audio AND a free "lowering kit" (the weight of the equipment).
                            Last edited by Intruder; 11-18-2003, 12:42 AM.

Comment

then what about the front

Comment

Working...
                              X