Once again, another noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again, another noise

Alright so i was commuting back to college this past sunday night which is an 1 1/2hour drive.. about half way my car started to make a metal on metal clunk/clicking noise. The noise is in the front, and almost willing to say left side, but no exactally sure. The noise is speed dependant, goes away a little when throttle is pushed, but is still present. Does not change if clutch is in or out or if brakes are applied or not.

recent changes done to my car:
    Rotated tires torqued lugs to 95ft lbs. like always.
    i removed the coil packs and plugged the wholes to the spark plugs when i cleaned my vavle cover, everything seemed to go back on the same and looks alright.
    cleaned my MAF sensor again (I do it about every 3,500miles)
    and thats it no other changes.

any help would be great.
    ive been told possible CV axle problem, or wheel bearing, but the boots on the axles are nice and smooth no rips or worn spots and the seals look good still...

thanks

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

im gonna tell you what youve already been told but its more than likely your cv joints.

A wheel bearing wont clunk it will grind and terrible too.

Aftermarket larger wheels kill cv joints and thats sounds to be the problem. Grab on them and see if they move any when you jerk on them? If they move thats your problem.
    MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

ok it wasnt the cv-joint, come to find out it was internal tranny issue. The differential went and ultimately lead to a piece blockign the shift linkage and not alowing me to use 2nd 4th and reverse. the cv-joints are in perfect shape and same with rest of the axle. I was mistaken when i was tryign to determine where it was comign from, from inside the car.

KLZE Straight Neck Swapped 2000 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
      X