Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UpGrades

hey guys!
    im new to your forumd and proteges, i have in my possion a wrecked prot and a prot with a blowen motor. for my senior prokect (if you cant tell im in high school)(senior projects are a requirement to graduate here) i am pulling the motor from the wrecked 1 and puting it into the good body. HOWEVER the wrecked car is an auto and the other is a stick. i was wondering how hard it will be to swap the tranys so i can keep the car a stick or if it will be too hard and i should keep it an auto?? also i was wondering what i could do to give the car better responce time and more balls! its the 1.8L DOHC

any help will be greatly valued
    Thanx
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

i'm kind of tired, forgive me. my suggestion is just rebuild the auto dohc. the reference manuals you will need you can get at any autoparts stores, preferrably a haynes manual or a chiltons.. and most of the tools and gaskets can be found in the same place. the haynes, from what i can see, offers a top to bottom guide to rebuilding your motor entirely... which despite the simplicity it helps make job sound, i couldn't imagine any graduation board could doubt the learning experience of rebuilding a motor.
    peace

Comment

L@@K.

CAR1:
      I got into wreck and the car is totaled (90 prot LX)but the motor is in perfect working order (THIS CAR HAS AN AUTO TRANY ON IT)

Car2:
      I bought this bad boy (red 91 prot DX) AFTER my wreck just for the body(blown motor)(THIS CAR IS A STICK SHIFT TRANY ON IT)

WHAT I WANT TO DO:
      pull out both motors and swap the trans so the motor from car 1 now has the stick trany on it. then put it into car2.......

do you understand now??
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.