DYno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DYno Results

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how to post my chart so dont ask.

I went to a dyno with a couple of friends and my best dyno was 111hp@5800rpm and 101 ft lbs@4600rpms. My mods include Genie header, 2.25" catback exhaust, PRM cold air intake extension and custom intake piping with a k&n air filter. I think if I got a new hi-flo cat and RX7 VAF I could hit 115!! Also this was taken at 5280 ft. Im thinkin also I could get my car into the mid 16s for now! Im gonna port the head, and a few other things and see what this bp can squeeze out before I turbo it.
    Eat ****.

If ya gots a scanner and know how to use it i can host the image for ya.

Those numbers do seem reasonable just you might wanna spend some more time tuneing what you can given your peak HP seems lower than i would expect it to be given mods
    -torp.
    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

Wow, you're crazy high above sea level. I'd expect at least 5 more whp if you were lower. I think stock protege's run in the mid 16s bone stock? Robert has his in the 15s with minimal mods.

Regardless, good job, those numbers seem pretty close to what I'd expect
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

yea, i thought they were pretty good especially considering how high I am, and my car has 113,xxx miles on it, and cylinder number 2 is losing compression. Im willing to bet that with some more aggressive cams, and headwork and tuning, I could hit 140hp.
        Eat ****.

Comment

Well that Mike guy or whatever is offering cam regrinds, and he said to expect 10whp. That seems like a lot to me, but I don't know much about cams. That would be a good start!
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
            Well that Mike guy or whatever is offering cam regrinds, and he said to expect 10whp. That seems like a lot to me, but I don't know much about cams. That would be a good start!
            yup he makes em... I am planning to get a set after I get my downpipe and intercooler pipping and frigin gauges...
            Damn gauges!!!!
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

heh, i'd take care of the compression loss issue if i were you bro.. before getting cams and the respective mods.
              peace

Comment

Yeah, i just ordered some new pistons and rings, I decided instead of one just to do all 4 to be on the safe side.
                Eat ****.

Comment

You didn't happen to order Miata pistons did you? That would help out a bit, too.

90-93 Protege pistons = 8.8:1
                  94 Protege pistons = 9.0:1
                  94-97 Miata Pistons = 9.0:1
                  99-00 Miata pistons = 9.5:1
                  01+ Miata pistons = 10.0:1

(Stolen from a Jesse post)
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Naw I ordered Pistons for a 91 the reason I did this is becaus Im going turbo in the near future. And 8.8:1 pistons would be good for that. I always thought that 91s were 9.0:1, but hell yea if they are 8.8:1, better for me. Im just building my motor to strengthen it before I go turbo, and I want to dyno it 1 time when its all done to see hwo much n/a power I got. Prolly dosent make alot of sense, but thas what I wanna do.
                    Eat ****.

Comment

Personally I still would have gone at least 9.5:1, even with turbo
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I agree with charles. The BP is a very well built engine. The miata owners are turboing their 10:1 BPs without problems.
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

I am also in the middle of rebuilding a BP DOHC for my 323 and will most likely be replacing the pistons. What, if any, are things I have to be careful of if I use 9.5:1 Miata pistons in the engine? Does anything else in the engine need to be upgraded to properly handle the added compression of the new pistons? And if I do decide to turbo this engine down the road, will the stock Miata pistons have any trouble with a turbo? I know forged are the best, but they are a little too expensive for me right now. Any thoughts?
                          91 Mazda 323 - RIP

Comment

well i think that on miata.net u have more info.

Comment

323 - you will be fine. The BP is good up to about 400hp with stock internals.

Just remember when you turbo it, tuning is key
                              Dan
                              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                              X