Clunking noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clunking noise?

I've got an 01 zx2 and i'v had this problem for awhile now and its progressely gotten worse. its a clunking noise from what seems to be comming from the front right side of the car. at first i thought it was the CV axle but that did not fix the problem. so i guess if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks Matt.

We need more details Matt.

When does this problem occur?..............what speed, when turning or going straight, under acceleration or during braking, when hitting bumps.....etc.

Comment

Shot in the dark: Balljoints.

That's just a guess, but it was my problem on a BG Protege.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

or LCA bushings...

Comment

Originally posted by 323driver
          or LCA bushings...
          It'll be the balljoints, tierods, struts, OR strut mounts WAY before the LCA bushings!
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Working...
          X