MX3 went ZOOM ZOOM BOOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX3 went ZOOM ZOOM BOOM

it seems that Kuhmo STPs are too sticky for the B6 diff to handle, i blew it up and broke both axles. I was sitting at a light and some kid in a 95ish civic rolls up subs pounding and revs at me, i was omg you have a 1.5 SOHC non vtec honda, you are gonna lose, turns out it was automatic too, so we take off and since i have some sticky ass tires, 14pound rims and a week old clutch i rev to around 3300rpm and feather it and rip off a badass launch, even though i have cut off exhaust i can hear him behind me and then when i shift into 3rd the car hops off the ground in the front and dies, with a terrible crunching and grinding sound, i had it towed and i am awaiting the chance to take pics of the blown diff, i think i left most of it in the road, and my axles had no teeth left they were rounded totally. This is what prompted my BP swap. jw whats the torque rating on the B6 axles/diff??? haha

Ya, thats one ****ty tranny. You should really upgrade!
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

if you want a secure diff, weld the pinion shaft.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Damn man, the pics outta be interesting.

Comment

Another MX-3 joins the BP club *yay*

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

bp swap FTW!!!
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

well pics are becoming an issue, b/c well, we cant the cover off the tranny, all the bolts are off and i hit it for a while with a sledge hammer, but it wont come off, its like its welded on, haha, i bet its a rediculous mess, i asked the shop owner about it and he said its gonna look like metallic cracker jacks, he said he did a 30sec burn out before we dropped the old B6 motor haha, i am going to use a plasma cutter to open her up tomorrow i hope

Comment

Originally posted by tunerguy View Post
                i asked the shop owner about it and he said its gonna look like metallic cracker jacks, he said he did a 30sec burn out before we dropped the old B6 motor haha,
                So your mechanic is responsible for ****ing up your tranny?
                Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by tunerguy View Post
                  well pics are becoming an issue, b/c well, we cant the cover off the tranny, all the bolts are off and i hit it for a while with a sledge hammer, but it wont come off, its like its welded on, haha, i bet its a rediculous mess, i asked the shop owner about it and he said its gonna look like metallic cracker jacks, he said he did a 30sec burn out before we dropped the old B6 motor haha, i am going to use a plasma cutter to open her up tomorrow i hope
                  Your mechanic sounds professional.

Comment

yeah i dont know exactly what he was thinking, i mean it was ****ed up before i took it there, i couldnt even get it to drive, so its no big deal, oh yeah and my MX3 BP swap runs now!!!!! just welding the exhaust tomorrow

Comment

well i almost lost my life today, the BP MX3 went up in flames, it started to smoke and about 15seconds later i pulled over and when i turned into the parking lot the car died and the brakes went soft so i yanked the e brake and told my girl friend to get out and by the time i had gotten her out and me there was clouds of black smoke from the engine bay, as i passed infront of the car walking away i heard a lil siren in the car going off, and by the time i got my cell phone out and dialed 911 the car was fully engulfed, by the time they got there the whole engine bay had been ravaged, the front tires where melted and the whole interior had been gutted, it melted the radiator the whole clutch resevoir melted the intake the strut-bar burned all the paint, melted the glass, and gutted the interior, and come to find out now that the shop has no insurance and i was removed from my parents insurance policy as they figured that it would save them money to not have it covered while it was in the shop, and they didnt remember to add it back on, and now i lost the car!!! GOODBYE BP, looks like i am gonna have to snag a cheapo honda

Comment

engine swap = car fire?
                        that'd be the second time I've seen it on a Mazda forum.
                        sorry to hear about it. next time carry a fire extinguisher. or have someone else do the wiring? that shop sounded, uh, ****ty actually.
                        best of luck with the honduh.

Comment

any clue what the cause of it was???? a BP swap isn't hard @ all... Im sorry to hear that, glad your ok tho
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I would really try to sue the Auto shop. I would sue them and have a lawyer put a "lean" on the building if they don't pay by a curtain date. If you do that they can not do any business and will likely pay you almost immediately...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

i am going to talk to the lawyer today, however, this shop is rumored to be closing at the end of next month, however, i am planning to have them replace the car with something of equal value, not of just the car, but all the work and parts as well,

$3200 MX3
                              $962.79 Motor swap and axles
                              $1142.55 interior electronics
                              $891.20 miscellanious parts

amounts to 6196.54 and thats only the receipts i have at home

Comment

Working...
                              X