Foreign Spec Headlight Q??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Spec Headlight Q??

Are the froeign headlights made of glass instead of this crap ours are made of?? I would like to score a set if so... Answers anyone?? Thanks!!!
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Yes, they are made out of glass. What you want is e-spec headlights.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I dunno about the E-specs but the J-specs are plastic, not glass.

Adam
      1991 Protege GTR
      #1739 of 2500
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
      Repaint car

Comment

The oem e-spec lights are definately glass. They do however have the plastic ones in Europe as well. A guy that was selling the plastic headlights over the summer in Europe was trying to convince me that they are better than the glass ones because they are safer in case of a collision...
        Why did that collision occur? Because you can't see a damn thing with plastic headlights.
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I didn't realize that they had glass AND plastic e-spec's. I wish we had glass here, Im moving to Europe. E-spec pwn3's jo0!
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

lol. im moving to europe...with my car

Comment

Man... I really want E-Spec Lights... Too expensive as of now... TheMAN... how do you know so much about the subject?
              1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
              1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
              2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
              2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
                i have a set of 94 protege/323 e-specs i will be parting with soon, but you are on your own for corners (as of this writing).. make an offer. btw. you NEED the e-spec/j-spec corners, or you'll end up with a horrendus gap, as the e-spec headlights are not as wide.

Why r u parting with them?

Comment

Working...
                X