I need help lowering my ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help lowering my ride

Well this is my first official post. I am a proud owner of a '03 Protege everything pretty much stock except for my 18" kyowa rims and my carbon fiber grill. I'm looking at dropping my ride and I know that there has been discussion on springs between eibach and tein and it appears that eibach is the way to go.

Now i'm trying to decide which struts would compliment the eibach's better. So far i've been looking at either Tokico blues or the KYB GR-2's only because my funding is limited especially when u live out here in the 808 state. I'm trying to save up for that BC2 Body kit as well. I can't wait!!!! I MIGHT be able to afford to go with the Tokico illuminas if i have no other choice but i'd like to keep the costs down to a minimum. This is my daily driver to school and work so i just wanna drop it and yet still ride comfortably.

opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Samoan1

definately don't go with the GR2... they are only OEM replacements. regular single chamber gas struts...

I definately recommend the tokico blues. The illuma are quite nice, but probably overkill for what I suspect your needs are... and if you're on a budget....

the blues are usually at a pretty good price on ebay, and you might want to google the part number and see what comes up, you might find an even better deal out there.

Tokico also makes a full kit, springs and blues. The springs are perfectly matched to the tokico blues... I've been curious about it recently, but I can't find anyone who has this setup to talk to me about it...

Comment

tokico blues are OEM on the MSP. but they might be slightly different than the normal BJ tokico blues? rear perch sits higher?

linear rate springs handle better, progressive rates ride nicer.

We are committed to making the best quality suspension parts available to you at affordable prices. Call for a free quote on Bilstein, Eibach, KYB, Koni and Tokico Shocks and suspension today: 800-683-2890

Shockwarehouse the USA’s source for shock absorbers and struts for RV’s, Cars and Trucks. Performance brands like Bilstein , Rancho, KYB, Fox, Arnott , Safe T Plus and Koni. Steering Stabilzers, Sway Bars, complete, struts, and air and electronic conversion kits .

look for used stuff that MSP guys are selling when they upgrade
      Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback... appreciate it... hopefully i can get some more suggestions before i go forward with the purchasing of the parts...

Comment

So i went ahead and got the Tokico blues along with the Eibach Pro-kit. Will post some pics when i finish installing.

Comment

wise choice. looking forward to seeing the pics. and I'm sure you won'T regret your decision.

Comment

hope it worked out well for you, that's the set up im going with, got the springs, now just have to get the struts!!!
              DA KID YOUNG MIC

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/457390

Comment

Hi I am new to the Site but want to say Happy New year to every one. I just picked up a 2002 Protege 5 its got some work dun but I need new frnt shocks. The car is slamed & I cant finde aft frnt shocks. Let me say I was a Mustang guy but after driveing this car I fell in love. It corners very well and has prity good pick up for a 2.0L. I know I will be looking into a Turbo soon. If some one has ideas on what to do with this car for some more power let me know. I have two race cars that a play with but way to fast for the street. This car will be my driver but it needs more power.

Comment

Working...
                X