Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is MSD Ignition Installation supposed to be hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is MSD Ignition Installation supposed to be hell?

oK Guys. I need REAL expertise. Well the Performance shop that says they do hot rods and drag cars and all that bull**** are working on my car to get this MSD Ignition and the Blaster 2 Coil in. Well, they previously said it was going to take 2 hours labor, now they are up to 6 hours labor. They had my car for exactly 2 weeks and 1 day. I mean come on.. does it take that freakin long? I had all the parts in the car but one and they got it locally without having to wait for it to order since they had it in stock. Well.. instead of the $100 labor.. I'm paying $300+ labor. haha thats not the awesome part Well I talked to them today and said they have to buy a NEW distributor. When i gave them my car... distributor was working beautifully Hrm. I guess you people get the hint right? . My question is, how much is a NEW distributor and an OLD distributor. And also... is it extremely hard to install this MSD ignition? I mean they got the schematics from the MSD company themselves. They somehow screwed up my Distributor and I am not going to be paying an arm and a damn leg to replace a part they ****ed up. I had to beg my dad to get $150 to just get $350.
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to drive home during Thanksgiving next week.. which they shoulda had my car to me AGES ago. I have to ride with someone... and I hate riding with someone.
    I know there was one person here who has the MSD installed and I want to know was it a pain in the ass the way this company is portraying it.
    Last edited by Torped0; 12-01-2003, 09:19 AM.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

send me the distributor and I install it for you for free as I told you before. Just pay both shipping.
    Ex-nitrado, now only CAIdo

Comment

lol ya. If those guys ever give me my car back and if they don't have it installed. You'll be the first person i send to.. seriously. Right now.. I have no working car.

Comment

My friend installed one on his RX-7. I wasnt around when he did it but is said it was fairly easy.... I dunno. Smells fishy.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok torpedo. however I am going for vacations on december 22 and coming back on february. Then I will move from iowa to houston in february.

BTW, if you want install and external coil (blaster) you will also need a connector to adapt outside the distributor cap, like hondas do when they go this route. you can see pics and kits for hondas on the internet. MSD makes these connectors (looks like the upper part of a sparkplug ).

peace,

Comment

If you are talkin bout the Tach Adapator and tehe wires, I have all necessary.

Comment

nope, no tach adapter. I also had one, but its not necessary. I am talking about a connector to attach the plugwire from the coil to the distributor.

Comment

Ya i have that already. But even MSD told me i need the tach adapator so I already got it lol

Comment

ok . regarding the tach adapter, they also told me I would need. I had it installed, I took off later and the car worked the same. Well, this is not a big deal, if you feel confortable to have it installed, ok, if not, dont worry, the car works the same without it.

Comment

go to them , tell them to put the replace the disty and then take your car back.

Why didn't you send it to Marcio when we were telling you to. It would never have cost you this much.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Hi Bruce! well maybe he was not confident.... I would feel the same I guess, sending stuff to somebody else? Who knows...

At leats he has some experience now

Comment

Hey Marcio..
                        yeah I hear ya, but damn it had to cost him 350 so far. No telling what else they may try to pull on him ..
                        And disty's are not cheap..
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

You bet they are not cheap....

BTW, is that your girl? Man, she is something

peace,

marcio

Comment

The reason i didn't send to marcio was because when he said send it, I thought he meant the MSD Ignition only. I didn't think he'd do the Coil too. If them bastards dont get the bitch workin he's my only other option before i end up selling it. And I really don't want to do it. I should feel better response tho right? I don't expect hp but it says it gives more torque. At least some performance difference that I can feel i want

Comment

Hey Marcio... I'm talkin to the mechanic right now. There's an extra wire on the internal coil that is responsible for telling the computer that the ignition fired. The mechanic is not sure what to do with it so give me the information if possible. If you want you can call him at 704-889-3777. His e-mail powermarine@boatfreaks.org. Or you can also email me at markosn2@winthrop.edu Also, if you have a phone #, he'll be able to call u.
                              Last edited by Torped0; 12-01-2003, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X