Miata Head on BP? Pros n' Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata Head on BP? Pros n' Cons

So what kind of pros and cons would be involved with putting a miata head on a protege BP? It would be interesting to get the ported polished head from flyinmiata.com and put it on. i wonder if this road can offer some good results.
    sigpic

what year miata? where you going to put the distibutor on it?
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I dont see any benefit of swapping the head that you cant do yourself
      Only one of the miata intakes are better than ours....$65 from the wreckers...and you can put the higher comp pistons in yourself too.
      I would think that all that and a P/P would be easier and cheaper than swapping. I mean, the block and heads are 99% the same...
      just my two cents.
      Last edited by K Dawg ONE; 11-20-2003, 09:19 PM.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

*please delete*
        Last edited by K Dawg ONE; 11-20-2003, 09:20 PM.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

my thoughts were once looking into this direction as well....

note that newer model miata BP heads flow much better than the earlier ones.

i figured with a lot of patience and alot of custom work.. it could be possible; for say a 00 miata head on a DOHC LX 93 (or a second gen block)

but you have to take into consideration how you are gonna controll the distribution of the spark (as jesse said) as well as there is a different type of CAS ( i think)
          also the thermostat housing would have to be relocated and the old one blocked.

If someone with more knowledge would be willing to clarify some things needed to be changed for such a swap to take place. that would be most benificial to all of us.

Thanks in advance.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Miata's don't have a distrubutor instead have 2 sets of coil-packs. One fires to the 1 and 4 cylinders and the other fires to the 2 and 3 cylinders.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Working...
            X