please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help me

i cant seem to fix the electrical problem on my 91 protege the tail lights,parklights and dash lights are all out but both the fuses (the main one in the engine compartment and the one on the firewall) are all fine. could it be a relay of some kind?

Welcome to Club Protege.

Have you checked to see it you are getting power to the lights?

Comment

I have checked and there is no power at the any of the lights, there is power at the fuse though. Could it be the switch or a relay? I have not been able to find the tail light relay is there one? My cars a 91 portege 1.8sohc with a 5spd.

Comment

does that muffler your selling bolt to the stock cat? i dont have a welder

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyd View Post
          I have checked and there is no power at the any of the lights, there is power at the fuse though. Could it be the switch or a relay? I have not been able to find the tail light relay is there one? My cars a 91 portege 1.8sohc with a 5spd.
          Are you getting power to the switch or relay?

Check to see if you have continuity from the fuse to the switch, and from the switch to the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyd View Post
            does that muffler your selling bolt to the stock cat? i dont have a welder
            The muffler does not bolt right up, but you can buy a reducer adapter and a few clamps at the parts store for a few dollars and install it with ease.

Comment

ok i got the tail lights to work by grounding out one of the wires going into the relay.I tried to do the same thing to the wires going into the combo switch but they would'nt light what does this mean?

Comment

could a bad dimmer switch be at fault?

Comment

Working...
                X