Caliper Piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caliper Piston

Hey guys I need some help. I went to go change out my break pads and was not able to depress or compress the caliper piston. So i was not able to install the new break pads. The piston seems to be stuck. I tried a c clamp and i tried a compressing tool from autozone and no luck. Can anyone help please. I am thinking that i have a bad caliper..help please :microwave

spray the poop oughta it with pb blaster, then try. Its probably going to need replaced. I dont mess with autozone loan a tools. I always use a pipe clamp.
    -Donnie-

Comment

Front or rear.

THe front you squeeze the rear you twist.

Comment

Its the rear drivers side caliper..do i twist it like a regular jar lid or what

Comment

spray the **** out of it with pb blaster, let it sit for an hour, then try it again

i always get them unstuck with that method and a c-clamp...otherwise i dont know what to tell you.

Comment

look at the piston.
            Inside THere should be a groove that you use a screwdriver on. Do it.

If you just squeeze it theres a chance youll ruin your caliper.

Comment

alright guys after doing some research i found that: There are a pair of 14mm bolts on the rear caliper. One holds the parking brake cable in place, and it must be removed in order to get the calipers off. The other one covers a bolt with a 4.5mm allen wrench fitting. Turning the allen bolt moves the rear brake piston in and out.

Heres the link where i found the walkthrough for my P5 http://www.thinkythings.org/p5/brakes.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jose0679 View Post
                alright guys after doing some research i found that: There are a pair of 14mm bolts on the rear caliper. One holds the parking brake cable in place, and it must be removed in order to get the calipers off. The other one covers a bolt with a 4.5mm allen wrench fitting. Turning the allen bolt moves the rear brake piston in and out.

Heres the link where i found the walkthrough for my P5 http://www.thinkythings.org/p5/brakes.html
                Good info. That's a pretty good write up. Thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
                X