Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows some stuff about Hifonics subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows some stuff about Hifonics subs?

Anyone out there dealt with some Hifonics subs in the Goliath series? I heard they were beast so I was think about getting four of them. They're the 12" Competition SPL Hifonics XX-2412 ( HSPL12 ) Goliath Subwoofer. 2400 watts RMS, 5000 watts MAX. Hit me up if you know what you're talking about...
    A green glow and bass does not mean UFO's are comin. Its just me
    sigpic

Never heard of them.

Comment

2400W RMS, =0 Holy ****. And I was shooting for 450! Good luck.

Comment

Never mind lol. I'm just picking up 4 Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL 12 inch subs and calling it a day. Prob put 2 of the Power Acoustik A3000DB Class D Monoblock Amplifiers on them. It should do the job just fine.
        sigpic

Comment

yep it will and you'll be heard everywhere lol....I got a MTX Thunder amp and MTX thunder sub and my parents get pissed when i leave for work at 5:00 am with it pounding lol...
          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

I miss MTX They always got the job done. But if this Fiberglass wall goes in right, I'll be able to fit 5 12's and I'll just throw a 1200 watt amp on the extra 12 for the meantime. On that topic, you like fiber glass enclosures better or wood?
            sigpic

Comment

Fiberglass if I got the time to built it but wood if i just need major bass on the run...
              MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

I like w00d.

Comment

IMHO A mdf box sealed and ported right sounds alot better than fibeglass but glass boxes look sick as hell...
                  MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

I like sealed boxes. They sound way better.

Comment

I mean i guess if done right a ported box sound like a million dollar box. Im still learning the porting tricks and airspace and all that to get the best sounds. Im about to build an all glass enclosure in the back with a dual amp rack so more or less i really just play around with it...
                      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Hifonics subs generally aren't great. What's your budget? What kind of amps do you have? And also, do you know what will happen if you try to run 2400rms on the stock electrical system (let alone x4)?

You will be infinitely better off with a single good 15" sub with 900-1200rms. Again let me know what your budget is and I can find you a deal on something that will sound good and be loud enough for you.

Comment

I was looking at the Sony Xplod setup. 2 1500W 15" and a set of 400w 6x9s for my rears. Along with 2 1200W amps. And one of the latest Xplod head units. Now all I gotta do is get a job, get some money, buy the stuff, and figure out how to wire everything up. =[

Oh, and I like wood/unported better. Sounds sick. Although Im biased, cuz I never head a glass one.

[/threadjack]

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                            Hifonics subs generally aren't great. What's your budget? What kind of amps do you have? And also, do you know what will happen if you try to run 2400rms on the stock electrical system (let alone x4)?

You will be infinitely better off with a single good 15" sub with 900-1200rms. Again let me know what your budget is and I can find you a deal on something that will sound good and be loud enough for you.
                            Actually I do cause I am lol. The electrical system isn't stock anymore. I'm running around 8000 watts this spring for competition. Just wanna get a look at how they do everything. I got invited to a team whose got some trophies so their takin me under their wing. Hopefully get around 150 dB'ls. Since I'm just starting it should be interesting. Just finishing the setup this spring but I'll be sure to post pics and whether I go glass or wood lol...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badger3114 View Post
                              Actually I do cause I am lol. The electrical system isn't stock anymore. I'm running around 8000 watts this spring for competition. Just wanna get a look at how they do everything. I got invited to a team whose got some trophies so their takin me under their wing. Hopefully get around 150 dB'ls. Since I'm just starting it should be interesting. Just finishing the setup this spring but I'll be sure to post pics and whether I go glass or wood lol...
                              What have you done to your electrical system? I'm highly skeptical that you have any clue what you're doing when you throw out a number like 8,000 watts. Unless you have 400+ amps in alternators, significant structural bracing, and oh maybe 6 deep cycle batteries, no good will come of having that kind of power. You CAN NOT make a strong enough fiberglass only box (within reason) that can withstand an 8,000rms system. With that kind of power you're looking at nothing less than highly braced 1" MDF, probably with a couple layers on the baffle.

Oh BTW the team I was on hit 155db with about 700rms. A friend of mine with a single 18" walled on about 2,000rms hit 160db iirc or something around that. Hoping for 150db when you claim you're going to use 8,000rms is actually complete bull****.

Also, no serious competitor would ever consider using a hifonics subwoofer.

If you want REAL advice I can give it to you, but don't walk in here acting like you're some kind of pro competitor and then start talking nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                              X