need some info on wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some info on wheels

i have a 96 LX, is there any difference with the rim size/lug to lug distance between the protege models? i mean is it possible for me to purchase wheels from a newer model to fit my 96?

As long as it is not from Protege 5, Millenia, 626, or any other Protege with 5 lug nut pattern. As the matter of fact. You can buy any rim you want, provided its not too big, as long as its in 4x100 mm lug pattern. I thing that for your car, the biggest you can fit without causing problems is 17 inch rim. I have 15 inch on mine, and you can see it in my signature. Most Mazdas and Hondas use this pattern, so even if you get rims from Civic, they will fit. Also, there is a Tire/Wheel section. This could have been answered much quicker there. But oh well, I did.
    Last edited by turbonium959; 11-20-2003, 09:06 PM.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

yes, you can use any Protege rim from 90-99...after that, only the base modles have a 4-bolt pattern, and you wouldnt want those anyways cause they are just steelies! But yes, pretty much ANY 4-bolt will fit...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i posted 2 other questions in the 2nd gen engine performance

since u guys have greater knowledge on these mazda's maybe u can answer my questions.

Comment

ok, ill go look

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

4 * 100

Well, since they are 4 * 100, that's good. because my 98 is the same i have have rims that i had on my Toyota Corolla GTS. So toyota rims will fit fine. But don't forget u have to make sure that the hubcentric rings are the same too. For a Toyota they are the same to Mazda, but from Volkswagen to Mazda they are different. As for Honda i am not sure, but u can check. All i know is that my rims fit perfectly from my toyota to my Protege.

Comment

Honda will fit on mazda, but not the other way around. My OEM mazda steelies wont fit right on the hubs of my 02 civic...the wont sit flush.
              Most aftermarket 4X100 WILL fit though as the hubs tend to be large enough to fit every size hub!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Hubcentric...what does it mean, exactly?

I'm unclear about the term "hubcentric." Could someone explain it so I can understand?

Comment

the big center hole has different sizes.
                  find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Hubcentric Wheels

A wheel is hubcentric when the centerbore diameter of the wheel matches the wheel hub diameter on the car. In this case the wheel is completely supported by the hub. This is the preferred way to mount a wheel on the car since the hub carries the weight of the wheel plus the cornering forces rather than the lugs.

When the wheel centerbore diameter is larger than the hub diameter, and the wheel is held on only by its lugs, the wheel is said to be lugcentric. This is a dangerous situation since this type of mounting is much less secure and can result in the wheel moving in relation to the hub due to bumps and cornering forces.

When buying aftermarket wheels, always make sure you get the proper hub adaptor rings so that your wheels will be hubcentrically mounted. Most aftermarket wheels will have a centerbore diameter larger than most hubs so that, with the proper hub adaptor rings, they can fit a wide variety of cars.
                    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Thanks guys.

I just got schooled....

Comment

This Is Not The Rim Section
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

This is the Wheels and Tires forum, isn't it the place to ask these basic questions?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffWeimer
                            This is the Wheels and Tires forum, isn't it the place to ask these basic questions?
                            na I had just moved it here. it was in 2nd gen general before.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                            X