Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding an electric supercharger(do not do this and waste your money)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding an electric supercharger(do not do this and waste your money)

any advice, i've got an electric supercharger i'm thinking of installing, i have a 1.5, which i know isn't much at all for HP. but i'm wanting to use it for on the highway passing other cars / on hills. i'm worried about the stock intake tube/air box that has the wiring air regulator for the ECM, etc. the kit instructions call for an external fliter with an intake kit. by using that kit, how do i modify or what do i modify to prevent any malfunctions to the ECM? any and all advice will be appreciated.

The only electrical components connected to your intakes are Mass Air Flow harness, and Air Temperature Sensor. From what I am imagining, you would still keep most of the intake, up to your MAF. You would also need to add a small peice of tubing to your MAF, and then connect this "Mass Air Blower" you call supercharger. Because if you connect MAB right next to your MAF, you can easily damage it, and then your Check Engine Lights will go off, and your mileage go to hell. Also, you need to relocate the Air Temp Sensor, but thats not that critical. Many people just left them hanging out in the engine bay. Basically, you would be the first to do this... so there is really no answers to your question, but a few suggestions. So if you do make it work, let us know if its worth it or not. On the pic I attached, you will see what I did with my intake, and maybe you can go from there.
    Attached Files
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

"Mass Air Blower"

u know it looks more like a fan blower u'd find under the dash!HA! i appreciate the advice, i'm not intending installing it too soon. in a way, i'd have to run it all the time for it not to interfere with the air flow. what about the fliter box? should i locate it under the box? or take out the box, or just throw it away. u know i may just keep it just in case my a/c in my house goes out.

Comment

You would need to remove the stock air box, otherwise you would have no room to work with. As for your AC in the car, its has nothing to do with the air intake for the engine.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

it doesn't work, ever, the end.

"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I doubt it works but i have seen electric blowers on old Datsuns...I dunno
            sigpic

Comment

you have got to be ****ting me!!! i wish you lived near me so i could smack the **** outa you, do not put this crap into your car!!!!!
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

here take a look at this.
                http://homemadeturbo.com/tech_projec...wer/index.html

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

glad i don't live near any of you

you'd be kickin my azz all over the place! so this is what i decided to do. i bought a flux capacitor from ebay, i thought i'd go back in time and get a supercharger really cheap! while i'm at it, i'll change the future. like ploppin my protege back in napoleons day take him for a cruise while jamming to some tunes.......

Comment

Re: glad i don't live near any of you

Originally posted by sharpazcheddar
                    you'd be kickin my azz all over the place! so this is what i decided to do. i bought a flux capacitor from ebay, i thought i'd go back in time and get a supercharger really cheap! while i'm at it, i'll change the future. like ploppin my protege back in napoleons day take him for a cruise while jamming to some tunes.......
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i had a dream once, that i was like back in the revolutionary war with an m1 abrams...that was the pimp **** dream

Comment

I got a snake! One time, I fed him some beers. He was slithering this way and that, he was all ****ed up!
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Please throw it away, Or sell it to another kid lol

Comment

I'm sorry you bought an electic supercharger. find some other use for it outside of your car. please dont put it in the engine bay and kill a protege.
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

orrrrr hit it with a bat like the guys on that site did.

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X