is it possible to rebuild a 1.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to rebuild a 1.5?

i read that the cylinder walls were to thin to bore out, it's recommended to get another engine. it's funny, i've rebuilt chevy's and a mopar, but know little about the tolerences of mazda's. i've never heard of a non rebuildable block? now the heads can be modified to a point. i guess i might as well upgrade to a larger engine size to get more HP?

yes, i would recomend upgrading to the 1.8...the 1.5 is pretty much a lost cause!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

what's the maximum engine size i can fit in

the 96? do they make a 2.0 liter?

Comment

Re: what's the maximum engine size i can fit in

Originally posted by sharpazcheddar
        the 96? do they make a 2.0 liter?
        Don't bother trying to swap the 2.0, Different engine family, too much work for not a whole lot. go for the 1.8
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

my car is very simular in color as your 97, probably identical except for the bp engine. just curious what does bp mean? i know alot about chevy v-8's, like if someone told me they had double hump heads on their block i would know how to identify them. but what exactly is the difference between the 1.5 and the 1.8? i know the 1.8 has the added gear drive to the exhaust side of the cam, where the 1.5 is auxillary driven from a single gear on the intake. is it in the stroke? in the heads? i mean is it possible to swap out a 1.8 head to a 1.5 block?

Comment

Originally posted by sharpazcheddar
            my car is very simular in color as your 97, probably identical except for the bp engine. just curious what does bp mean? i know alot about chevy v-8's, like if someone told me they had double hump heads on their block i would know how to identify them. but what exactly is the difference between the 1.5 and the 1.8? i know the 1.8 has the added gear drive to the exhaust side of the cam, where the 1.5 is auxillary driven from a single gear on the intake. is it in the stroke? in the heads? i mean is it possible to swap out a 1.8 head to a 1.5 block?
            No. Different family of engines al together.
            BP is just the designation.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
            X