323 GTR beats Skyline GTR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 GTR beats Skyline GTR!!!!

Here's yet another example of how great a car Mazda built... A early 90's 323 GTR burnt the UK's fastest Skyline!!!!! Found this on a UK 323 GTX/GTR board.

http://www.323gtx.co.uk/pn/index.php

Adam
    1991 Protege GTR
    #1739 of 2500
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

another example of y mazdas are teh w1n. i love the bp

Comment

Looking at the videos, he lost to a type R, yet won against a Skyline? something's wrong with that

Jason

Comment

i think the vids are archived. i guess the skyline is the most reciend. the car probably underwent modification as time went on.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

am i looking in the right spot...i didn't see no GTR spank a Skyline, but i did see a few 17sec et's at 80mph....dude, WTF???

i did see project x slap a 10.1 @ 154mph...that thing sounded soo ****ing sweet too

Comment

No its not on there, It didnt link to the actually article that i read a month or so back, but keep checking those vids u will catch a few 13 second 323's

Comment

Hey all,

I'm webmaster of the site, and I will set a few things right

I don't know of any of our 323's to beat the UK's fastest skyline, which currently stands a 10.1

The 323 that was beaten by the teg was a GTi so it was non turbo.
              The 323 that got 13.5 was a stripped out GTX

For most people there it was there first time down the strip as well.

Next year we should be seeing alot better times
              http://www.323gtx.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Morf
                Hey all,

I'm webmaster of the site, and I will set a few things right

I don't know of any of our 323's to beat the UK's fastest skyline, which currently stands a 10.1

The 323 that was beaten by the teg was a GTi so it was non turbo.
                The 323 that got 13.5 was a stripped out GTX

For most people there it was there first time down the strip as well.

Next year we should be seeing alot better times

Glad to see a new face, Is there anyway we can get Jdm parts from u guys? Pleeeeeease, Jon

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                  am i looking in the right spot...i didn't see no GTR spank a Skyline, but i did see a few 17sec et's at 80mph....dude, WTF???

i did see project x slap a 10.1 @ 154mph...that thing sounded soo ****ing sweet too
                  That was freaking awesome. And if you watch in the beginning he sat for almost 5 full seconds after the green light to start.

There 323 won by a hair, he was simply trying to give it a head start.

I would love to see some 12s or lower, that would be sweet.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                    Glad to see a new face, Is there anyway we can get Jdm parts from u guys? Pleeeeeease, Jon
                    lol We have trouble getting parts as well!

As for project X if you watch the start when it launches the car bogs down slightly, so that car should do 9's!

Comment

cheers for the welcomes :D

As for the GT-R bumper you are probably best off contacting mazda Japan for it

Comment

well send us other neat parts we cant get...like espec headlights!

Comment

I want one.
                          Bob

www.midnitemekanix.com

Comment

Who doesn't want one dude lol. Yeah an oem j-spec part would be more than corksports crazy 1300 not shipped price. Jon

Comment

hey Morf, what kind of mods did the guy have that ran the 13.5 in the 323?

Details please!!!!
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X