MX-3 Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX-3 Seats

Would one of the people who have done this, make a write-up in the How-To section? Supposedly it's easy to do and I know there's plenty of info if you really look, but it would make more sense IMHO to have it all in one nice, neat how-to.
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

you really dont need a how-to. all you do is unbolt the 4 bolts on the bracket, direct swap.
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

is it not a direct bolt in? I know it was on my car

if you want I can take pics for a how to
      |Bryan|

Comment

Heres a how to:

Step 1: take 14mm ratchet, unbolt passenger seat. Need screwdriver to remove rear plastic covers that cover the bolts...they are easy to remove, and if you want, just break them off since they won't swap to the MX3's.

Step 2: fold seatback forward all the way, and remove the seat out of the protege via the front door.

Step 3: Do step 1 and 2 for the passenger seat

Step 4: Place MX3 seats on bolt holes and screw the 14mm bolts back in place

You are done.
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Step 3: Do step 1 and 2 for the Drivers seat
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I hear that the seats lean inward when they are installed. Can this be corrected with spacers, or what?
            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

no such problem here
              |Bryan|

Comment

mx-3 seats need mx-3 seat rails if you are mounting them into a 4 door protege... eitherwise, THEN they will lean. seriously, just follow wil's instructions there, him and i swapped my seats out in 20 minutes.. and that was because i insisted on trying to use the protege's seat rails (which creates that nasty lean.. making it hard to drive in ). clear cut, no bull****, thats how its done. only suggestion i would make is use a deep 14mm socket.. it will make the job MUCH more easier.
                peace

Comment

sounds easy enough, i wanted some nice racing seats, like those APC ones, but then i would have to have some shop weld up some bracetry to hold em in place... i wanted better seats and whats better than mazda seats.... (mine are nice and comfy but very stained) well, i guess its junkyard combing time!!!
                  2x 93 Protege DX's
                  1 gray - my soon to be project car!
                  1 teal - for sale (cheap!!)

Comment

In Canada there was the Protege GT. it had a nice set of seats too.
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                    X