ok i need honest nuetral opinions here...seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i need honest nuetral opinions here...seriously

hey guys whats up? havent been on in a while, been searchn thevboard.com, i got a new car in march of this year (on my own, congrats to me!) im not gona say unfortunately b/c idk yet. but anyways i got an 06 sentra se-r spec v with brembos, roof, stock lsd whole 9 (xcept rockford). so ive been doin too much thinkin about my whole situation and i think i may have regreted somethin...finally. now i dont regret much but this i may have regret. nothin has gone wrong with the car and i dont xpect it to, its a nissan! but my girls sis just picked up a mazda 3 GT and i havent seen it yet but it got me thinkin. did i get the wrong car for me? now your thinkin who the hell is this kid? i had a 99 pro dx. i talk to negatize here and there. i for some reason think i should ahve gotten a 3. its less power an all, i would have really sacrifice a lot if i got the 3 but the style is so sick its just irritating! what do you guys think...honestly. i know this is a mazda board but i had to ask the real mazda people. if i asked my friends theyd be like ..y would you get a mazda? but i figured id ask you guys and see what you thought.

i got the car from the dealr i worked 4 and saved some cash but ida spent more to be completely satisfied....
    02 Protege ES, 5spd

you're talking about the 5 door hatchback?

i would definitely buy that before the spec v, but you're not going to get neutral opinions here, wrong site.

Comment

The VBoard sucks. Lot's of haters. It's no wonder you are down on your Spec.

Unless there is someway you can trade off now and not lose your ass (not likely), then why are you even thinking about it? Not trying to be mean, everybody get buyers remorse at somepoint. I bought my Spec in '04 and on the way home from buying it I drove past the Mazda dealer and saw a new orange MSP marked down $4K unde sticker (the 3's were just coming out).

I regretted that for a few weeks, but I got over it.

If you had gotten the 3, there'd probably be something else you wish you had gotten, that's just the way it works.

Love your V until you can afford to trade out of it and don't look back.

Comment

BTW. Want a lower tie bar for that Spec?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmystiva View Post
          The VBoard sucks. Lot's of haters.
          haters? no...this site is pretty informative and he asked an opinion question. i'm just warning that he might not get the most neutral opinion because after all, it is a Mazda forum, right?

if you're happy with the spec, more power to you.
          Last edited by EricM; 12-02-2006, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil View Post
            haters? no...this site is pretty informative and he asked an opinion question. i'm just warning that he might not get the most neutral opinion because after all, it is a Mazda forum, right?

if you're happy with the spec, more power to you.
            I think you misunderstood. The VBoard - www.thevboard.com - is a forum for people with Spec V's. It's full of haters that hate on their own cars and Spec V's, Nissans in general. That board will instill buyers remorse in anyone instantly. If that's where he is going to read up on his new car, it's no wonder he is getting down on his car.

I actually really respect this site.

Comment

haha my bad, thought you were talking about us

Comment

how much for the tie bar?

thanks guys. appreciate the help! maybe thats it (buyers remorse)

i miss clubprotege
                02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

protozoom, you a have a classic case of "buyer's remorse". That's a depressing, "maybe I shouldn't have" feeling that consumers get when they make a purchase. Kinda like the grass being greener.

NEWS FLASH: You Spec V will be more valuable than the same model year of newer MZ3 2.3 GT. Why? Nissan won't import the V anymore. Wasn't a great selling model. The V was a gamble in it's own right, since there are plenty of other sedans that are priced the same and perform just as well of better. In Japan, these cars and their variants are a dime a dozen. In the USA, we got the Chevy/Dodge/Ford variable and the American perception of needing cars that are "large and in charge" (i.e. Corvette or something with a HEMI).
                  Ever wonder why the Honda Accord Type R or 2006 Civic hatchback Type R or Mazda speed MPV are NOT sold in the USA?? Well, there's your answer.
                  But, there is a niche market for this import sedan. The 240 SX and all of it's following year variants are quite popular in the import racing scene. Same goes for the FD RX-7. Those cars are coveted and sell for very high number on the used car market. Earlier SE-R's also maintain their value, and the Mazdaspeed Protege's (as obscure as they were) are also in that same league. My suggestion: keep the Spec V, and keep it immaculate!! Don't do any crazy mods to it that can't be bolted off. You will easily be able to sell it in the years to come.

IMHO: the Spec V is awesome, but it's just another performance sedan. I want a Get a MZ3 Speed!!

Comment

Working...
                  X