Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running wires??

Howdy folks,

Im going to transfer my 4x4's stereo system to the 96'Mazy Pro.

I have 4ga power wire from the battery and when I transfer I was wondering if anyone else has this could tell me the easiest way to get from the battery to the trunk.

thanks for any help.
    www.niora4x4club.com
    www.4x4parts.com

Daily Driver
    1996 Mazy Pro LX

Fun Ride
    1998 4x4 Nissan Frontier
    trail-gear sliders
    6'4" one peice full belly skid plate
    dual flowmaster exhaust
    3"sl AC
    3" bl AC
    High output Alt AC
    Custom interior
    Custom body work drivers side
    2 10" JBL subs, 2 6x9 Pioneers, 2 6.5" pioneers
    Tons of little things.

I've never seen the firewall on a '96 protege, but on my '93, I used the hole for the main wiring harness. I just snuck it in through the grommet.

Comment

I run mine up the fender and strapped it down with wire ties and down the door under the door trim on the interior (cant see any wire) and straight back to under the driver seat being thats where my amp is....becuase if i put it in the trunk everone know you can take the back seat out and jack it so its hidden right under the seat....my brother looked for my amp for 40 minutes and couldnt find it lol...
      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Originally posted by 95Protege View Post
        I run mine up the fender and strapped it down with wire ties and down the door under the door trim on the interior (cant see any wire) and straight back to under the driver seat being thats where my amp is....becuase if i put it in the trunk everone know you can take the back seat out and jack it so its hidden right under the seat....my brother looked for my amp for 40 minutes and couldnt find it lol...
        Now I know where it is. Better look out!

Comment

haha man you wouldnt believe the people at work...they here me beating when i pull in but ive got the all convinced i dont have an amp and none of them have found it yet lol...its soo funny cause they stand there and scratch their head like its gonna jump out at them lol...
          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

What do you do for work?

Comment

I work at the Pringles Factory lol I make potato chips... I make good money so i cant complain i guess...
              MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                I've never seen the firewall on a '96 protege, but on my '93, I used the hole for the main wiring harness. I just snuck it in through the grommet.
                Why do some models not have firewalls?
                A green glow and bass does not mean UFO's are comin. Its just me
                sigpic

Comment

they all have firewalls....thats what you call the wall that is straight down in front of the dash inside the engine bay.
                  MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Badger3114 View Post
                    What do you mean, all cars have firewalls, it's a mandatory safety feature on every car since the early 1900's, do you mean a grommet, most do have grommets, but you have to look for them, I drilled a hole just above the clutch pedal and it came out behind the battery under the hood and I'm using 4awg to power my system. Make sure you don't lose any of the insulation on the wire if you use the drill method and be sure to file the hole down so it doesn't cut into the insulation.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger3114 View Post

And what jho means is he's never seen the firewall in a 96 so he doesnt know the best location of the rubber grommet.
                      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

And what jho means is he's never seen the firewall in a 96 so he doesnt know the best location of the rubber grommet.
                        *Is thinking someone might be psychic* Neither have I lol.
                        A green glow and bass does not mean UFO's are comin. Its just me
                        sigpic

Comment

ok, update

i took off the door panels to put in Blau Put 6.5s and there are 4 screws to remove before the door "pops" off. when looking at the inside of the door there are scres in the door stationary handle, latch handle, top left under a cap and bottom right under a larger oval cap thateasily prys out (spring clip)

as for the 4awg power wire, no decision yet. since someone mentioned puting the amps under the seats im re evaluating how to install the system.

thanks for the input.

happy wheelin'
                          www.niora4x4club.com
                          www.4x4parts.com

Daily Driver
                          1996 Mazy Pro LX

Fun Ride
                          1998 4x4 Nissan Frontier
                          trail-gear sliders
                          6'4" one peice full belly skid plate
                          dual flowmaster exhaust
                          3"sl AC
                          3" bl AC
                          High output Alt AC
                          Custom interior
                          Custom body work drivers side
                          2 10" JBL subs, 2 6x9 Pioneers, 2 6.5" pioneers
                          Tons of little things.

Comment

Yup, good call Cleo.

Cool job BTW.

Comment

yeah man the job is sooo easy...all i do is sit in a chair on a line and watch chips go by...sometimes ill play games on my cell phone or carry a gameboy in there just to kill time lol...
                              MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X