AA isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA isn't working

well, i come home to FL today from south carolina, and it's like christmas i got all the stuff to redo my front setup, except the audio control 4XS, cause that needs signature for reciept, and no one's been home the last 2 days, and the 8's will be in next tuesday.

and now the money shot

yep, they're all 20's i bet my friend my entire system if he had more money in his wallet than i had in the equipment on my bed, and what was in my car he had just over $1240, and i had just barely over $1300, since the brahma isn't in my car i started to get worried

and the other money shot:

those type R 5.25's are pretty beefy:p:

Comment

now what did I tell you people when i first got to pclub.. i heat my type R's and got flammed... now we look and my god the audo guro has the exact same ones.

On another note, thats friggin sweet.... why was your friend carrying around that much money?! and I mean cmon im sorry that was one hell of a gutsy bet.. good thing you won eh?

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz

and the other money shot:

those type R 5.25's are pretty beefy:p:
        WOW! I mean... WOOOW!!
        I had Type S 6.25"s in my front doors and those Rs look like mini subwoofers compared to my old speakers. I had no idea those were THAT big.

asylum, you saying that those fit in our pro?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          now what did I tell you people when i first got to pclub.. i heat my type R's and got flammed... now we look and my god the audo guro has the exact same ones.

On another note, thats friggin sweet.... why was your friend carrying around that much money?! and I mean cmon im sorry that was one hell of a gutsy bet.. good thing you won eh?

don't get me wrong, the type R's are NOT the best components around, but they fit my needs and my budget i have a friend with a set of type R 6.5's, and i installed a set of 6.5" CDT's in my friend's car. the type R's were getting 75 watts each, and the CDT's were getting 65 watts each. they sounded pretty much identical course that was comparing CDT's entry level components to alpines top of the lines ones, at the time. i'd love to hear the type X's, but they didn't fit my budget:p: it's all about finding something that fits the needs of the system, the budget of the owner, and sounds good regarless of brand hell, my $45 power acoustik components sound awesome to most people

my friend has been carrying around cash like that for almost a year now it took me 6 months to convince him to get a checking account. he's been working 7 days a week at 2 jobs for almost a year now, and has almost $5k saved up. cause in another year, his uncle said he'd sell him his '98 lexus GS300 for $10k and the funny thing is, he's rocking my old MOFO 15" setup

Comment

the type X's sound wonderful especially the flagship 3 ways... I was tempted to buy one set of the 3ways instead of front and rear R's but decided since I hadnt had a sub yet i needed the back ones.

Comment

so did you win all that cash?
              '02 classic red p5
              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                so did you win all that cash?

i wish he wouldn't agree to that, since he know's about how much i've spent on everything

Comment

fawk!!!! well, i might be picking up a US amps 4000x amp in december i e-mailed the guy selling them, to find out what voltage he was running to them, and how many comps he's used them for, as well as trying to get a pic of the circuit board

but $200 is a steal for a 4000 watt amp that is competition tested and a proven winner:p: BTW, this is not a daily driving amp. they are designed for SPL burps, and that's it. i'd have to make a way to easily switch between 2 amps for my sub, but it'd be worth it to hit my brahma with 4000 watt course that's only enough to get it to a little over half it's excursion in a 1.5 cu ft box tuned to 65 hz, burping at 68 hz

Comment

Can't wait to see it all come together. Should be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                      Can't wait to see it all come together. Should be incredible.

my car is a constant work in progress i keep changing stuff out and trying new things, so i don't know if it'll ever be done after i get back home off active duty, i'm taking a week to either fiberglass over my dash, or make a new one

Comment

Working...
                      X