Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifting my mazda

Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone has lifted a mazda either with a suspension or body lift. I like the look I even plan on toss in on some alterrain tires.

any resources for this?
    www.niora4x4club.com
    www.4x4parts.com

Daily Driver
    1996 Mazy Pro LX

Fun Ride
    1998 4x4 Nissan Frontier
    trail-gear sliders
    6'4" one peice full belly skid plate
    dual flowmaster exhaust
    3"sl AC
    3" bl AC
    High output Alt AC
    Custom interior
    Custom body work drivers side
    2 10" JBL subs, 2 6x9 Pioneers, 2 6.5" pioneers
    Tons of little things.

It's rather difficult to do. The driveshaft on the driver side is very short, it makes it hard to do just a suspension lift. A full body lift from the drivetrain would be very difficult to mate all of the connections to the engine and tranny. I have a 4WD Pro and it make sense for me to want to, but FWD?

Straight outa the box you can fit 25" maybe 26" tires (195/70-75R15) without modifying anything. If you want larger, you'll need a different offset rim, otherwise it will rub the rear struts and probably the front wheelwell while turning. Here's the miata.net tire calculator:

If you're serious about a real lift, say 2-4", I'd be happy to talk more, but sadly we're stuck with serious custom fab work. Almost not worth it if you're not obsessed with your Protege.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I have to wonder 'why' first. You have a 4x4 SUV, why would you want to lift a FWD econocar?

Comment

i am obsessed with working on my rigs. not not all Prtoege' crazy just project crazy.

but sadly we're stuck with serious custom fab work
        Custome Fab work, not a problem
        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

good to hear about the tires.

I have to wonder 'why' first. You have a 4x4 SUV, why would you want to lift a FWD econocar?

well i could say alot of things like " to each is own" or "differnts strokes" but ill do you a solid.

I think it would look cool, be a fun project to do, and there aren't any cars like that in the area. and I always have to have a project otherwise i just wouldn't be happy.
        www.niora4x4club.com
        www.4x4parts.com

Daily Driver
        1996 Mazy Pro LX

Fun Ride
        1998 4x4 Nissan Frontier
        trail-gear sliders
        6'4" one peice full belly skid plate
        dual flowmaster exhaust
        3"sl AC
        3" bl AC
        High output Alt AC
        Custom interior
        Custom body work drivers side
        2 10" JBL subs, 2 6x9 Pioneers, 2 6.5" pioneers
        Tons of little things.

Comment

cool, well, I hope you stick around to update us with your progress, sounds interesting.

useful tidbit: the BHA6R with a petrol 1.6L and the BHA7R with a TD1.7L came with a 4WD configuration. If you wanted, you could convert to 4WD

Comment

BHA6R? BHA7R? I've never heard of that. Canada stuff? I get the BHA, but never heard much on 2nd gen 4WD.
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Asian market stuff
              Probably not hard to find if you know where to look, but probably hard to obtain.

Comment

Working...
              X