SportCompact Says....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SportCompact Says....

So the new sport compact has an article on the Axela or 3. They say the structure is built to fit an AWD system. They also mention rumors of turbos. 2.3L turbo and AWD......Hello WRX and EVO 8! Wanna race? Its about time mazda put another awd turbo on the market.
    sigpic

the GTX and GTR were awd turbos. canada saw an awd protege. but it would be nice if mazda made a push into the "perfomance market" an awd turbo modle would be nice. even a supercharger. i think the mazda6 V6 engine looks like it would fit int the 3. that means hopefully the millennia engine might fit and it is supercharged.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

not just canada U.S. had AWD too in 90-91
      U have smoked ur self retarded

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r2
        not just canada U.S. had AWD too in 90-91
        But not an AWD Turbo.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

problem with the millinia supercharged(miller cycle engine) engine is that it is pretty much impossible to mod. My mom has one and ive toyed around with it. Theres not a damn thing you can do with it other that intake and exhaust. Sucks. An inline 4 turbo would be just fine. And have more power potential that any mazda v6. V6's are trash...
          sigpic

Comment

Mazdaspeed has been toying with a turbo 2.3L 4 cyl, AWD Mazda 6 for a while now. IIRC, it was 235hp. Be fun to put that drivetrain in the 3 instead of the 6. Probably won't happen (if at all) much before 2005 or 06, though.
            David Avard
            '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
            '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
            '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

new Mazda speed dealers being picked

my contacts in the mazda dealership community have revealed a few things to me.
              the miata will be released in 2004 turboed
              the rx7 twin turbo is back in 2005
              also in 2005 the m6 will be released turbo charged with 295crank hp. with awd
              then the tribute is being released turboed as well for the suv community.

we will be given a new m3 with a 2.4L to develope our turbo kit for..which is nice in the way that its the same platform as the m6 2.3l.
              might look into doing a turbo kit for the vehicle as well.
              the room on the 2.3 L is amazingly roomy and calling for a turbo kit.
              kevin
              kevin & karen liphard
              ESSENTIAL SPEED, ontario. canada.
              "when speed is Essential"

Comment

mazda rx7 has been scrapped according to motor trend. (i pray to god its wrong) because the 2005 supra will be, hold your breath, a 4.6l v8... SUPERCHARGED (rx7 would be great to renew that rivalry) and even though it'd never happen, with the supra and rx7 being re-released, i hope to god our friends at nissan pump out an r35 (yeh right, but we can dream) can you imagine the rivalry the 3 of them would have on the street? just like the old camaro vs mustang vs trans am, or should i say, f-bodies owning mustangs. supra + rx7 + skyline = 2nd best rivalry ever.
                2005 mazdaspeed 6 will be turboed.
                oh ya, almost forgot the 3000gt!!!! thats in the rivalry too!!!
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                X