Good Deal on '98 Protege LX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Deal on '98 Protege LX?

(I just cut and copied, sorry if you see this twice!)
    I am going to pay 3.1k for a 1998 LX with 80k miles on it. Everything works good (as long as I can tell) when I was out looking for civics I ran across this little beauty. I am getting a 5 speed (no way am I getting automatic!) but does this sound like a good deal to you guys? i ran a carfax.com report on it and it had 1 owner, and a clean title. Never stole or wrecked. Also, any idea what this will do to my insurance? I only have liability, and I'm 16 with academic discount. Does Mazda usually make insurance rates go up?

by the way, if you can't tell I'm new

Thanks in advance, peace.

I looked in local papers and an equivalent 98 is almost 7k...Is this a good deal? I'm going to try to go buy it monday, so I need responses ASAP. K thanks all.

pretty good deal... kelly's blue book is about 4k if i remember right

Comment

I bought my 1998 Protege (Black) about 6 months ago for around 4k...
      It has 60k miles on it, runs sooo perfect, and only had 1 minor minor scratch on the front bumper.
      As far as I can tell, an older man drove it who must have been a fisherman, because I found a few bobbers and bait jar under the back seat (installing wires to sub)

I would totaly recomend the car, but like some people say, its not exactly a race car..
      But so far, mine has been reliable and looks sexy.
      '98 Protege (Sold at 125k miles)
      2006 Mazda3S Grand Touring, Heated Black Leather, Moonroof, Bose 6CD, Tow package (LOL)

Comment

I am debating on, if I should move this to the protege for sale forum...
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Nuh, Bruce. Its definately general. He does not even have the car yet, and just asking us for our opinions.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ok cool ...
            I think that as long as everything on the car is cool. No rust, No broken crap(smoking motor and etc.).. He should take it.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X