New 03 DX Automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 03 DX Automatic

All I can say is "I love this car!" It is fast, stylish, handles like better than the Audi A4 I tested, has the best interior short of a BMW, and most important, it only set me back $11,200.

Welcome! Seems like you got a good deal on it too.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Just outta curiosity, what's in the DX?
      In Canada, we have the SE, LX and ES... never seen a DX kickin' around.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

United States model progression: DX->LX->ES
        <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
        AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

In the DX you get air conditioning and a cd player.

Comment

welcome to the club man, good choice on cars. glad you love it.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Thanks all

Great to be here.

I've had my Protege for 650 miles now and can honestly say that this is a real step up in performance and quality from my last car, a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. I expected to be going from a plush cruiser to a fun, but cheap small car. While nowhere near as plush as the Galant, it is very well-controlled, quiet enough and with the automatic, VERY smooth running.

The suspension is very firm, but the structure is rigid enough that nothing squeeks or rattles at all, and the car corners flat. About the only modification I can see myself adding is cruise control for my monthly 900 mile drive to San Jose and back. Other than that, this thing is like the ultimate stealth sports sedan, especially in Invisible Sand Mica like my car.

So, anyone know of a good aftermarket cruise control?

Comment

I'm pretty sure your dealer can have one put it for not to expensive.
                Visit My Garage

Comment

Modding

These cars are good enough stock that only the very minimum of modification is required. Better breathing and exhaust might help, and braided steel brake lines. Other than that, I am totally satisfied with the Protege in stock form, and like being invisible to the Highway Patrol.

Comment

Re: Modding

Originally posted by asiafish
                    These cars are good enough stock that only the very minimum of modification is required. Better breathing and exhaust might help, and braided steel brake lines. Other than that, I am totally satisfied with the Protege in stock form, and like being invisible to the Highway Patrol.
                    Damn!! My P5 didn't come with a invisible option! I want that damnit!
                    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                    Painted calipers
                    Injen CAI
                    Custom exhaust
                    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

Could've used that last week when the FHP pulled me over for going 15 over. No ticket though! Hooray for warnings!
                      02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

Could've used that last week when the FHP pulled me over for going 15 over. No ticket though! Hooray for warnings!
                        02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

Working...
                        X