my turn signal has a mind of it's own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my turn signal has a mind of it's own

ok i am having an issue with my turn signals. when i turn the the wheel the turn signal starts flashing in that direction. i have had the problem for a while. i just finished replacing the turn siganl& wiper switched. i still have the problem. i'm stupmed. anyone else have this issue?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

heh, 2 years ago i had this problem driving home from an accident where i rear ended someone at about 20 mph. in my situation, it was freakin annoying, any turn, you didn't have to use your turn signal.. but it was so god damn sporadic, like just a little lane adjustment from side to side, the turn signals would go haywire JUST as you described. the SHOP ended up fixing this problem, and i can't remember for the slightest what made it do that.. i'll give them a call and see what kind of information i can dig up as the cause, the only thing i could say is that it's something to do with whatever controls the disengaging of the turn signal that is ****ed up. ie.. must be in the steering column itself or along the steering shaft. likewise, i'll see what i can find out.
    peace

Comment

woohoo, i LOVE this manual.. listed is diagram for Canadian Spec without cruise control
      Attached Files

Comment

I had the same problem after having my car towed (backwards). Damn tow truck driver wouldn't get a flatbed (he said, I could have one for you in 2 hours, at 10pm). He tried using the steering wheel lock, which is off-center. After he started towing it and the car tried to pass him, I got out a tie-down and tied the wheel straight.

After a day of so, the problem seems to have corrected itself, as it hasn't happened since.
        David Avard
        '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
        '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
        '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

well i have replaced the whole assembly. and i still have the problem. i know the new on works it did not have this problem on the previous car it was on. maybe something in the steering coloum is off center??

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Brock i know this must suck, but dude if i saw you rolling down the street with the blinkers following your steering, i'd have to pull over, cause i'd be busting a gut laughing....

Comment

:rofl: HA HA HA... ow my heart
              1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
              1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
              2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
              2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

i had the same problem but only after a day of sitting it the sun would it do that, after it cooled down it stopped i made it out to expanding and contracting of the plastic but it would start to do it alot more even when it wasnt hot.
                i bought the new car before i could fix it
                No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

well this is wierd. it doesn't matter what assebly i put on it i have tried 3 different ones now, i get the same result. I'll have to take a close look at my steering wheel.

Edwin should i be looking at anything else?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

seems most of us have had that problem...
                    mine was also only after sitting in the hot sun for a whole day...

every time i turned the wheel, it would actually move the blinker lever up or down (depending on turning left or right, of course)
                    the steering column felt loose whenever this happened, like i could move it up and down more than i should...
                    moving it up, it didn't interfere with the blinker so much...
                    justin
                    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

ok i have found my problem. if the cancle cam is in too far, ie thermal expansion or have your steering wheel on too tight you get this problem. there is a black tab which gets in the way i am guessing it is there for spacing reasons.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

**** u cursed me now im having the problem :-(

Comment

it is a quick fix. the cancel cam is warped, or your steering wheel is on too tight, or thermal expasion.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Hey i got a question about turn signals. my left turn signal is crazy most of the time it works fine but every once in a while it doesnt work and just makes this weird clicking sound. If anyone knows how i can fix this let me know asap. i need to correct this before the 16th so that i can take my road test. Thanks in advance

Comment

I have that same problem but now the left blinker just make a werid and fast clickin noise now is does come on any more...

Ratrod

Comment

Working...
                              X